Scene - Sucker for Pain

As Josh rose from his bed he glanced at the clock glowing from his bedside; 01:06. He felt the familiar blazing in his soul and the growing elation that came with it; the gnawing and clawing of the fiery beast trying to escape and the resulting rush of adrenaline. 

He left the house, walking through the dark streets leaving flaming footprints behind him, sizzling the tarmac of the sidewalk. He knew where he was going; he'd found an abandoned bunker in the country, miles away. He knew he could make it in around a half hour at a brisk jog, so he sped up. He was getting impatient, Josh could feel it, and he too was craving the feeling of the fire.

He finally arrived, his clothes were already smouldering, his hands ablaze. He hushed the beast, He would be released soon enough. Josh grasped the circular wheel-like handle and turned it, feeling the beast giving him strength as it opened. The scent of old smoke hit him as it opened and Josh flipped the switch to the single light switch, dimly lighting the barren room, scorch marks scarring every surface.

He let out a shaky sigh, soon, soon he'd feel those blessed flames. No, he stopped himself; they weren't blessed, they were hellish, but it felt so good. The caress of the flames, the beast's hands gently moving over his skin, trailing fire. He knew he shouldn't, that he should hate this, seek professional help, but he couldn't. It was an addiction, a twisted and sickening addiction. He was hooked, addicted to the pain.

He was ashamed but at the same time he didn't care.

No one would ever know.

Turning, he shut the door firmly; he had to take precautions, no way would he let this sick addiction of his to hurt anyone. The blonde proceeded to the centre of the room, sinking to the floor and sitting cross-legged, closing his eyes and retreating to his mind. 

The beast was waiting for him, head tilted and grinning. Flames burst up around them as He held out a hand which Josh readily took, that manic grin stretching the human male's features as the blazing enveloped him, that glorious, blissful agony as the two began their nightly dance.

In the bunker, the figure's eyes snapped open, the cold and steely blue masked by a burning crimson as flames burst up all around. 

The room rang with laughter as The Fiery Joker stood, twitching and throwing the fire all around. The already scorched concrete blackened further, beginning to glow red hot at the assault. 

The Joker rushed right at the door, He knew Josh couldn't stop him, the demon had gotten him addicted to the burning, to the rush, the power that came with the agony. He blasted the steel door with concentrated heat, the weakened metal heating up quickly and begining to slowly glow that lit up His face in hellfire.

It didn't take long, not with Josh cooperating, not after months of slowly working at it. The fool wasn't even aware of what the beast was doing as they emerged into the field, the freshness of the air, the rich oxygen making The Joker burn more fiercely as His manic laughter rang out. He knew where Josh had come from and He couldn't wait to start causing chaos, for the screams to begin

The flames in the mindscape burned brighter, hotter, more powerfully and Josh giggled crazily as the pain grew in intensity, his heart racing in the agony. The morality of this being was lost in bliss and hellfire. 

He didn't even notice that The Joker had escaped the bunker until he heard his parents screaming.

But by then he was too weak to even think of taking back control

His addiction had been its downfall, just as he thought it would be. 

Soon only The Joker remained as the shell of humanity began to crumble, watching thousands die.

Just like in his nightmares.

And it was all his fault.