Happy Anniversary

Nate hummed happily to himself as he worked. It was his and Morgan's second anniversary of dating and he had something big planned. He was packing his stuff ready to go home at the end of the day as Holiday Matsuri was ending today. His last panel of the day was a musical one; 'Making it Musically' it was called. He'd planned everything and he just hoped it would work out.

Morgan walked out of the bathroom, looking like an angel in a Twilight Princess Zelda cosplay. "I see you're finally up sleepy head." She teased, kissing him lightly on the cheek.

"Yep. G'mornin babe." He turned and kissed her on the lips, pulling a box from his pocket and taking out an exquisite silver necklace with a heart shaped charm made of morganite. He smiled, pulling back from the kiss, "happy anniversary Morgan." He said, putting the necklace around her neck.

Morgan blushed, "happy anniversary Nate. I love you so much." She hugged him tightly and kissed him again.

They stayed like that, in each other's arms, kissing passionately for what felt like a bliss filled eternity, the sunlight flickering through the blinds like leaves in a forest. They broke apart, grinning, and rested their foreheads together.

Morgan chuckled, "don't you think we should get moving? You've got your panel in," She checked the wall clock, "an hour. And you said you wanted to couple cosplay Link and Zelda today for some reason. That's why I'm in this dress after all."

"True. Okay, gimme a minute. Gotta get all Linked up." Nate grabbed his cosplay and darted into the bathroom to change.

A few minutes later, he burst out, "HYAA!!" He shouted, doing a downslash attack at nothing, stumbling and falling flat on his face.

Morgan burst out laughing, "Oh Link, mighty hero of time. You truly are a graceful individual."

Nate straightened up and grinned broadly, sheathing his sword. "But of course, Princess, how else am I s'posed to do all the hero-y stuff?" He, too, started laughing before kissing Morgan again. "So," He gestured to the door. "Shall we?"

"Yes. Let's." Morgan replied.

They both left the room and made their way to the area of the hotel were the convention was. The crowds were huge and bustling. The people so densely packed that it was difficult to move.

Morgan spotted a gap in the crowd and grabbed Nate's hand, pulling him through the clearing. "C'mon you big Slowpoke, you can't be late to your own panel."

Nate laughed and jogged to keep up, "okay, okay. I'm coming." His hand went to the pouch on his belt and he sighed in relief as he felt the box was still there. He contemplated asking her here and now but she was right, they had to get to the panel.

With only a couple of minutes to spare, they made it. Morgan sat in her reserved seat in the front row as Nate got up on stage. He cleared his throat and took the mic. "Hya, huh, huh HYAA!" He said, a sincere look on his face.

The audience looked bemused only a few people truly seemed to get that he was playing.

He laughed. "I'm just messing with ya. Anyway, hey guys, my name is Nate Sharp otherwise known as natewantstobattle and welcome to my panel."

The crowd cheered, lots of the people present had come to the con just for this.

After the main body of the panel, Nate opened the mics on the floor for questions. There was the obligatory music based questions but the last person was a young girl, about 14 years old. "Um.. hi, I'm Jess, and I was wondering isn't it yours and Morgan's anniversary today? Have you got anything nice planned?"

Nate's grin broadened, "hiya Jess, it's nice to meet you. And yeah it is. Two years ago today, the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen came up to me and asked me if I was gay. D'you believe that?" He walked to the back of the stage and retrieved his acoustic guitar before heading back. "And to answer your second question, yes. I've got something planned." He put the mic in its stand and started to play;

Now will you take me along
When you fly away and play your song
Because 7 years is far too long

I know she knows she gives me everything
Gives me courage, give me wisdom, gives me strength
For her I only hope I'll do the same

Now I won't ever be the same
Ever since I learned this princess' name
Now it seems there's just no other way
I'll win her heart by the dawn of the third day

When I'm high and dry
She's my song of storms
When I'm cold at night
Her Din's fire keeps me warm
I could feel her since the day that I was born

When I'm bloodied, battered, beaten
From the longest fights
She hookshots straight to my heart
And holds me tight
We'll stay up late and share our stories all night

Now I won't ever be the same
Ever since I learned this princess' name
Now it seems there's just no other way
I'll win her heart by the dawn of the third day

He fell silent and carried on playing, losing himself in the instrumentals until singing the chorus one last time.

Now I won't ever be the same
Ever since I learned this princess' name
Now it seems there's just no other way
I'll win her heart by the dawn of the third day.

The crowd applauded, some rising to their feet.

Nate looked at Morgan, she looked to be fighting tears. He smiled sweetly at her and took the mic in his hand again. "Morgan, could you join me up here for a sec?" He asked, holding out a hand to help her up.

Morgan nodded, rising from her seat and taking Nate's hand.

As soon as Morgan had joined him centre stage, he pulled the box from his belt pouch. "Morgan Emery Want," He began, "the last two years have truly been the best of my entire life. If someone had told me three years ago that I'd be dating the literal embodiment of the goddess Hylia a year later, I'd've called 'em crazy. But here we are." He blushed a little, the tips of his ears tinged pink. "Um, I suppose what I'm trying to get at is," He got down on one knee and opened the box. Inside was an ornate ring, matching the necklace he'd given her earlier. "Morgan Want, will you marry me?"

Morgan was shocked by the question, stepping back with a hand to her mouth. Had... had he just asked what she thought he'd asked?

Nate lowered the box slightly, a concerned look on his face, "Morgan? Are you okay?"

She nodded. "Yes." She managed to say. "Of course I'll marry you, you dork." She held her left hand out to him.

Nate's worry turned into ecstatic joy as he gently took her shaking hand on his own and slipped the ring on her finger before helping her to her feet and embracing her tightly. "I love you Morgan. So much."

"I love you too Nate."