Scene - All a Matter of Perspective - Spooptober Day 22

It was funny, Jordan thought; the world was so wide, so vast and so complex with so many different kinds of people. There were more viewpoints than he could possibly hope to wrap his mind around. 

Sonder, that's what this was; the feeling of knowing that each and every one of the billions of people milling around on this little rock had their own tale to tell.

He smiled to himself, this massive world surely was an odd one; the way trees twisted around each other, untamed in the forest, the gentle whisper of the creek, the gentle arch of the horizon. The watercolour sunrise and sunset, the jewel-studded night sky. It was fascinating to him how no two people saw the same phenomenon the same way. 

Different events in a person's past could drastically change their outlook on the world, their perception as a whole. 

It only took a moment, no more, no less, to turn the shadows of branches cast by the moon's silvery light on your bedroom wall into a demon's claws, grasping for your soul.

It only took a moment to turn the warm reds of a sunset into blood.

It only took a moment for life to go from a gift to a curse.

For some, life was just that; a gift. Some saw it as a story, the pages turning with each new day.

But some saw life as the greatest burden. Some saw it as a nightmare that would never end.

For some, the lightning was exhilarating as it lit up the sky, yet for some it brought back cursed memories of war.

For some people, this world was a magnificent work of art, but for some it was just another resource.

Jordan chuckled and went back to his game, he supposed it was all just a matter of perspective.