Scene - Faerie Fire

In this pitch blackness, with all their belongings stolen, only Strix could see. And she couldn't cast her chromatic orb for her partners as she'd exhausted all her spells. She'd told Evelyn to make Lightfall glow but the damned paladin had refused, saying that Lathander wouldn't approve. Diath couldn't really do anything as a rouge and Paultin? 

She looked over to the bard, expecting to see him chugging wine as usual but instead was met with a majestic sight as light spilled out around them all as the other two adventurers turned in confusion.

Rainbow light swirled around him in whisps like aroura, blues and pinks and lavenders. He even seemed to hover off the ground, his arms outstretched. She panicked a little, darting forward to stop him from floating away, even though it didn't look like he was gaining height. 

Diath moved forward with the teifling, holding her back before she could reach Paultin. While what was happening did look like the Fearie Fire spell, he wasn't sure that the lights were supposed to be multiple colours at once, and was certain that the caster wasn't supposed to levitate. "Uh, Paultin? Dude, what's up?.. other than, y'know, you."

The bard didn't respond, his eyes were closed and his face was relaxed like he was sleeping or in a trance.

Diath dragged the fearful Strix back, away from Paultin, he himself now afraid of what was going on, turning to Evelyn, "Evelyn? Do you.. know what this is?"

The paladin merely shook her head, her eyes wide in awe. In all her years in the study of Lathander she'd never encountered this magic before but she was compelled to preform the gesture of the Morning Lord.  "Whatever this is, it seems our dear Paultin has been blessed by the light of Lathander."

As they watched, the lights continued to swirl around him, wrapping around the bard's fingers, limbs, whole body like ribbons, lifting him slightly higher off the ground. 

Suddenly, Strix broke free of Diath's grip by casting prestidigitation to cause a small explosion of sparks in front of his face to shock him. She darted forward and grabbed Paultin by the legs, pulling him down to the ground, the ghostly flames dancing around them, feeling like nothing at all. She tightened her grip on him and pulled harder, feeling the force that held him up resisting her efforts, until she finally dragged him to the ground, ending up on top of him as he lay there, her arms wrapped around him in a tight embrace.

That was when Paultin came to his senses. His eyes opened slowly and he became aware of a pressure on his chest. Looking down blearily, he saw a huddle of rags and messy hair and moved a hand down to pat it on the head. "Hey Strix. You mind telling me what happened?"

Multifandom Oneshot Bookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें