Scene - Turning - Spooptober Day 7

Connor Mountain was always a good man, though he didn't really see what he did as anything spectacular; he always strived to help people who asked him for it. If he saw someone in pain, he did all he could to fix it, not for any kind of reward but because it was the right thing to do. So when he heard frantic knocking on his door in the dead of night, he immediately went to answer, to see what was wrong, despite there being a rather large chance of it being a case of knock and run. When he opened the door, however, he was glad he'd checked. 

On his doorstep was a man who looked to be in his mid to late twenties, battered and beaten, his clothing torn and bloody. He leaned against the doorframe, clearly unsteady on his feet, and looked up at Connor with desperate, pleading eyes. "M-mister... I'm s-sorry for waking you I just--" coughs racked his form, cutting him off. "P-please can I come in, I need somewhere to rest."

Connor didn't even hesitate; he let the man lean on him, helping him inside and to his couch. "Wait right here, I'm gonna get you a glass of water, you look like you need it." He hurried to the kitchen and filled a mug with water, taking it to the man on the couch. "Here, now would you like me to call the ambulance? No offence, but you look pretty damn rough."

The stranger sipped the water, looking up at Connor with a strange expression the younger man couldn't quite place. "No, it's quite alright. Just a quick rest and I should be okay."

Connor raised an eyebrow sceptically; the guy looked badly beaten up, "Are you sure dude? I promise it won't be a hassle at all."

"Yes. I'm sure."

The tone in which the stranger spoke bothered the YouTuber, causing a chill to run down his spine. "Oh...kay? Do you at least remember what happened to you?"

The man laughed bitterly. "Oh I remember, but you'd never belive me."

Connor sat opposite the stanger, patiently smiling. "Trust me, you'd be surprised at what I'd believe." He paused, thinking over what he'd just said. "Not that I'm naive... I mean I can be but not often. What I meant was very little surprises me. I mean, if you don't wanna tell me I'm not gonna press it but just know I'm probably not gonna think you're crazy." As soon as those words left his lips, however, he had a sneaking feeling that he shouldn't have said that.

The stranger lowered the mug to the floor, looking up at the other with dark eyes. "Are you sure you wish to know?"

Yeah he probably shouldn't have said that. But, well, curiousity killed the cat. And while he had a horrible feeling it might just kill the Connor as well, he just had to know. "Yeah, I wanna be able to help you more effectively."

"Very well." The stranger's voice changed, going from weak and tired to smooth and sinister. "These wounds, they aren't real." He smirked, standing from the couch as his 'wounds'  closed up. slowly walking towards Connor. "This was a ruse, something to prey on the kindness of a human like yourself. You see, it's been far too long since I last fed, and I must say, there's something about you that's just," he paused, a dark chuckle falling from his lips. "irristable."

It was at this moment that Connor knew he'd fucked up, he scrambled back from his chair, falling off the back and crashing to the floor, trying his best to crawl away.

"Ah, ah, ah~" the man taunted, his footfalls getting closer. "You invited me in, at least do me the decency of being a good host." He stooped and hauled Connor up, turning him and grasping him by the collar. 

The younger struggled, scrabbling at the other's grip. "Put me down!" He was beginning to panic a bit, he didn't know what this asshole had planned for him and he really hated not knowing.

"Come now Connor Mountain, struggling will just make it hurt more. You don't want it to hurt do you?" The smile on his face was sickening and Connor glimpsed the glitter of fangs between his thin lips. 

"No I don't want it to hurt. In fact I don't want you do to anything other than get the fuck out of my house"

"Ever so sorry, but once an invitation has been given, it can't be revoked." His eyes flashing crimson. "Now hold still~" 

Those last words rung in Connor's ears and mind and he felt strength leaveing him, his struggles weakening. But he was way too stubborn to be charmed, he had things to do and family to love so he'd be damned if he was gonna let some random ass vampire take those things away from him. So he still fought.

The vampire snarled in annoyance, he hated it when victims were immune to charming. "Fine, if you won't hold still of your own volition, I'll just have to make you hold still."

The hiss in the other's voice made Connor shudder. He really hated the implications of what was just said. Suddenly the silence of the house, the lack of any other person, was deafening. He knew crying out for help wouldn't solve anything, but he was about to try it anyway when he felt a scurrying up his leg and his voice caught in his throat. Then another scuttling thing, and another. He tried to look down, but he was trapped by the grip of his attacker. But then he saw what it was, crawling from the other's sleeve and onto him;

Spiders. 

Hundreds and hundreds of spiders.

They crawled over his skin and clothes, legs ticking him and making his skin crawl. 

He wanted to scream, he so badly wanted to scream but he was utterly paralyzed in sheer mortal terror.

The spiders began spinning their silk at supernatural speeds, very quickly binding the terrified human in a thin cocoon of silk, trapping his arms by his sides, his head and neck poking out, deathly pale from fright.

The vampire laughed, dismissing the arachnids with a wave of his hand, his attention still fully on Connor. "See, wouldn't it have bee so much easier if you'd just done as you were told like a good boy?"

No response from the human, Connor was practically catatonic, the only sign of life being a faint trembling and whimpering.

"Now then~" the vampire mused, his eyes scanning Connor's exposed neck, "this won't hurt... for long." And with that he plunged his fangs into his victim's flesh.

The sudden pain snapped Connor back to reality, he could already feel the fire in his bloodstream, the venom burning him from the inside out. His mind raced, jumbled and half formed thoughts chasing themselves around his head without end. Thoughts that he had to get out of this, that this was really happening, that he was bound, that he was probably going to die.

The vampire fed hungrily, the adrenaline coursing through his victim's blood like a drug. 

Connor was beginning to feel lightheaded, he'd lost so much blood already, he knew he was going to die; his veins were full of fire and he could scarcely breathe. It was a struggle to even keep his eyes open, and it was a battle he quickly lost, darkness swallowing him whole as he passed out.

The human's blood was almost all venom now, the vampire had taken all he could. Now came an important decision; did he rip the head off and leave the human as a corpse, or did he wait a while and let him turn? Humans that were immune to his hypnosis were rare indeed, and were often very powerful when turned. This one would likely be very interesting to watch blunder about, if he was lucky he'd get to watch him lose control and kill those he loved. The vampire chuckled at the thought, laying the motionless body of his prey on the ground, slicing through his bindings with a small knife he kept in his jacket, and lounging on the couch while he waited for the venom to take affect.

Around an hour later, the body began to convulse. The vampire looked over, a broad grin spreading on his face; it was time. He rose from the couch, walking over and conteplating which of Connor's family members he would trick his new spawn into claiming as his first kill. He crouched down by Connor's side, waiting for his eyes to open.

And then they did, Connor's eyes snapped open, blazing with a crimson flame. He immediately twisted around, his features contorted in an animalistic fury as he pounced on the one who'd sired him, unthinking, and tore him apart. In this new state, the feeling of flesh tearing under his fingers was amazing; if his heart were still beating, it would race. The smell of the gore that sprayed around the room and the taste of it in his mouth filled him with a savage kind of euphoria. 

By the time the frenzy had subsided, there was very little remaining of the unnamed vampire who'd taken Connor Mountain's life. He'd still go by that name publicly, for simplicity's sake, but he'd definitely need to make his big reveal eventally, and he was going to make sure it was something the world would never forget.