Scene - The Feeling of Being Watched - Spooptober Day 2

It was late, he should really have been going to bed, but as he listened to 'Dance Through The Danger' Oscar felt driven to keep going. He was scripting for his October Monster Month on his channel and it was going really well. Suddenly, over the music, he just about heard a faint creak of floorboards behind him, making the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. He stopped the music and strained his ears to listen out for anything, another creak, anything. 

Nothing.

He shivered, letting the music play again. He'd get this one segment scripted, he thought, and then he'd rest.

More time passed, maybe just a few minutes or so, long enough for the song to loop again at least, and he heard it again. 

*creeaak*

Again, he stopped the music, and again he strained to hear anything.

Nothing.

He turned, his dark eyes scanning the room for what could have made the sound. The room was well lit, so there were no shadows to hide in and it seemed he was alone. Turning back to his work he stared at the page, the cursur blinking at him tauntingly as he tried in vain to focus. He just couldn't shake that feeling. Suddenly he felt something on the back of his neck, something warm and tickling and gentle, something like breath.

His head whipped around, nothing was there, but he swore he could still hear the breathing. 

He was afraid now, his heart pounding in his chest, he could sense it; there was someone in here with him. He could hear their breath, he could feel their presence. 

"Don't be ridiculous Oscar," he muttered. "You're alone here."

"Alone."

"Safe."

".....right?"