Slaughter - Severe Gore tw

Nate's eyes flew open as consciousness returned to him. What the hell had just happened? Where even was he? 'Focus Nate.' He thought. 'Your senses, focus on them. Maybe they'll give you some kinda clue.'

He peered around, his eyes straining to make out anything in the darkness, but to no avail. He froze in place, the sound from underfoot when he shifted his weight was nauseating, reminding him of dead bodies from games like Outlast. He retched as the sickening smell of death hit his nostrils. His clothes felt wet as they clung to him, his hands slick with the same substance. He tried to make his way across the room, slipping slightly on things that squelched underfoot.

After a little while of carefully picking his way across in the pitch blackness, he stumbled into a wall. He felt nauseous, the smell and sounds and what had seemed like never ending darkness were beginning to really get to him. The wall felt slick too, and felt like they had cuts of meat chained to them for some reason. He felt his way along the wall until he found a switch that he prayed comrolled the lights and flicked it.

And screamed at what was revealed.

The room was filled with mangled corpses, brutally butchered and barely recognisable as human. The wall he'd just moved along had more bodies chained to it, their abdomens sliced open and entrails spilling out onto the ground. Some of the corpses on the ground had their heads cracked open like eggs and their brains scooped out and smeared on the floor around them. Skulls caved in, chests burst open and hearts lying discarded some appearing to be half eaten.

He looked down at himself and almost vomited, he was drenched in blood, it staining his clothes, shoes and hands and a number of bloody knives were attached to his belt.

Then Nate began to recognise some of the dead.

Shady was pulled apart and tinged blue, like he'd been frozen before he'd been slaughtered. His head was shoved into a hole in his stomach, his face frozen in an expression of pure terror.

Nappy was one of the corpses attached to the wall and had been completely disembowlled, his entrails wrapped around him like jewellery.

Matpat was nailed to the wall, spreadeagled, and skinned. The top of his head had been removed and his brains had been used to write "just a theory" in stinking gore above him.

Hunter was barely recognisable, being just a pile of dismembered limbs and minced torso with his caved in skull perched on top of it.

In the back of his mind, Nate was screaming, begging whatever god would listen to keep Morgan out of this. Begging to let her be safe.

Blood dripped down from the ceiling and landing on his cheek.

"...no..." Nate whispered. "Please god no." He looked up....

And an anguished scream filled the room.

Morgan Emery Want was hanging from the ceiling, her wrists in manacles hanging from chains and her chest and stomach had been ripped open, her guts hanging down, coiled around the neck of a small body, hanging them. Her body had been slashed and torn to a bloody mass aside from her face. There was a disgusting sound of ripping and her limbs were pulled from their sockets, causing her body to detach from the ceiling and rushed down to Nate, landing on him and causing him to collapse.

He reflexively threw her off him, the gore making bile rise in his throat.

She was dead.

They were all dead.

But by whose hand?

And why was he there and covered in blood?

"Isn't it obvious? You killed them." A familiar voice spoke from behind him and he spun around, slipping in the blood and gore that covered the floor.

An exact duplicate of Nate walked closer, equally as blood soaked and grinning broadly. "Or rather, we did." The man wasn't affected at all by the bodies and they didn't seem to be affected by him. Almost like he was a spirit. The duplicate's teeth were sharpened and stained with blood, bits of meat stuck in them and gore was covering his chin.

Nate felt his own face and, while his teeth were normally shaped, he seemed to have the same mess on his face as the duplicate had. "Wh-who are you?! What do you mean 'we' did this?" His head was spinning, what the hell was going on?

"Wars and swords tears and blood feel my heart begin to race as I laugh in this bloodbath we made." The double sang chillingly. "I'm you. Or rather, I'm your dark side. Call me..." he paused, "Natemare."

Nate's heart was pounding in his chest. This double terrified him, he wasn't the best with doppelgängers at the best of times but this one seemed to radiate an aura of the same death that surrounded him. "B-but why?"

Natemare laughed madly, "Why? Oh Nate, do we really need a reason to have fun? It was so easy, I just lured about a hundred of your fans to a little private concert, your friends tagged along to record it but naturally I couldn't let them live. Witnesses and all that."

Nate had been rendered speechless. He was practically catatonic, staring at the bodies of his friends and fans.

"Perfect, now maybe you'll learn not to misbehave and try and take control." Natemare sneered, approaching Nate slowly and holding out a hand. "If you're good then maybe I'll bring them back in a week or so. Or I'll just feast on their corpses, it all depends on you. Take my hand Nathan, it's time for you to return to the void."

Utterly defeated, Nate took Natemare's hand. Darkness slowly swallowed him as his senses disappeared one by one and Natemare was absorbed into his body. Sight was the last sense to go and, as the world went black, he collapsed to the blood soaked ground.

A few moments later, the body stood up and stretched, a smirk spreading across its lips. "Finally," Natemare said. "Permanent freedom."