Scene - Let This Happiness Be Eternal

His hand held hers as they walked out onto the ballroom floor. He glanced to his left, his heart swelling as he saw her; though she was always beautiful, she was utterly spellbinding in her gown; long and black and studded with stars, her ebony hair flowing around her shoulders.

She looked up at him, a smile shaping her gentle features seeing that lovestruck look in his eyes. He was so adorable, she thought, yet so handsome in his suit.

Every day since he'd first asked her out; more than six years at this point, he had that same look in his eyes when he looked at her, and she was almost certain that she had always looked at him the same way.

The music started and they pivoted to face each other, their eyes meeting as their hands joined and they began to dance.

"God you're beautiful."

She gave a small chuckle, "as you've told me about twelve times tonight. But thank you."

Travis wrapped his arms around Laura, pulling her closer as they gently swayed to the music. Few things comforted him more than having her close to him, feeling his wife's gentle breath and heartbeat. "I love you Laura," he said softly, "I love you so much."

Laura looked up at him and kissed his cheek with a warm and loving smile. "I love you too Travis, more than I can ever say."