Scene - Without a Trace

The fanbase were used to Matt's twitter being quiet, he was a busy man

The fanbase were used to Matt's twitter being quiet, he was a busy man. He'd be silent for days at a time only to throw them a shitpost at a random time. Sometimes the silence would go on a week, so that didn't raise suspicion.

But that wasn't what was worrying them.

By the second week of no GTLive, people began to speculate that the Patricks had fallen ill, maybe that their Internet was playing up. After all, not even Steph was tweeting. Even Jason hadn't updated them on anything.

Then word came from the Theorists on tumblr. The Matpat and Game Theory tags were filled with toxic posts; edits of Matt and Steph with throats cut or nooses around their necks, death threat after death threat with notes in the thousands.

Now they were afraid.

What if someone had made true on their threat? There'd been no murders reported in LA recently though, so that busted that theory, and no reports of suicides. So he had to still be alive.

Maybe Steph and Jason were using all their time and energy to comfort him, to let him know he was loved.

There had been no reports of murders or suicides.

He had to be alive.

They just.... had no idea where he was.