Scene - Merry-Go-Round of Life

"Don't worry Nate, it's gonna be fine. Just like in practice remember?"

The musician nodded, his partner's gentle words soothing his nerves He smiled, "you ready?"

"You bet, lets show the crowd how it's done."

Nate's grip on his partner's hand tightened and they walked out onto the dance floor and took up their starting position. The nerves came back, butterflies fluttering in his stomach but, gazing into the warm, brown eyes of his partner, all of his worry melted away as the music started.

Step by step, they moved about the floor, held in each other's arms, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes, the music transporting them back to the day they first met and first fell in love. Nate flicked his eyes down to his feet briefly to check he wasn't about to make the blunder that he kept making though rehearsals, returning his eyes to his partner's after an instant.

The dance went on, an eternity seeming to pass as they lost themselves in the music and the dance. This was their dance and their song. Their moment and their little world in each other's arms and eyes. Reality faded around them as they danced, nothing existing but them.

Eventually, the music faded and they were left standing in the silence for a beat before applause burst out, filled with cheering and whistling. Nate pulled his partner in for a kiss, gentle but full of passion and love, tangling his hands in the other male's light brown hair.

After a moment, the kiss broke and the two leaned their foreheads together, grinning. Nate chuckled and pressed another quick kiss to his partner's lips. "I love you so much Matthew Smith-Patrick. And I'm honoured to be able to call you my husband.