Scene - The Power of a God

As Matt spoke, the players sat around the table felt a collective shiver run through them. His tone had shifted and even in the two and a half years that they'd been playing in private they had never felt this

A claw took hold in Marisha's chest, grasping her heart, seizing her lungs as her boyfriend told her what Keyleth saw and felt. All those sensations swept through her as she wrote and her hands began to shake.

Orion could feel an untold fear grip him, a burning draconian flame spring to life in his heart as the Beholder was described. This would end in death, he knew it. There was no way they'd survive.

Liam's gaze was locked on Matt, watching his eyes, his lips, every part of him and taking it in. Then the wave of dread hit him too. His eyes snapped to Matt's as K'Varn began to speak and a faint glimmer of purple light flashed in the DM's eyes, paralysing him.

Laura, however, watched Marisha and saw immediately as the tremors started. She tugged on Liam's sleeve and she felt the other stiffen. Her gaze swept over the tables, they were all afraid. They could all feel it.

The words flowed from Matt's mouth like a poisoned stream, dripping from his tongue as his lips curled. He could feel a swelling power well up from deep within him, filling his body with an otherworldly strength. This was true power, a strength he'd always possessed. And now the Vox Machina were finally to experience it, the full power of the Dungeon Master. The full power of a god.