The Death of NrtBJelly

Okay so do y'all remember Morgan's Moemon Nuzlock from aaaages ago? And how she got a Rapidash as, I think, her first non-starter Pokemon? And how it died to Roxanne? Well, I remember. I also remember weirdly always thinking of NrtBJelly as Nate.Which is where this piece of shit came from.

With Nate by her side, Morgan Want strode confidently up to Roxanne, the first gym leader she was to face on her journey.

"I assume you wish to challenge me." Roxanne said, looking Morgan up and down, as though trying to determine whether she would be a threat. She briefly glanced at Nate and gave a small smile. "Very well, this way please."

So saying, Morgan and Nate were led to the small field that was to be the venue for their bout. they took their positions and Roxanne sent out her first champion, a human like shadow with no discernible features.

Morgan turned towards Nate with a smile, "D'you want this one?"

"Of course." Nate grinned, "Leave it all to me." With those words, Nate stepped forward. Putting himself between Morgan and the figure, as her first champion in the fight.

Almost instantly, the figure flew at Nate with a high jump kick. One that Nate easily dodged.

"Nate!" Morgan called out, "use Ember!"

Nate nodded, dodging once again, he watched as the shadow flew past him and crashed to the ground. With a small smirk, he raised his right hand to the shadow and a plume of flame shot out. Engulfing the figure and causing it to scream in pain.

Morgan whooped. "Way to go Nate! You sure showed her!"

Nate turned to Morgan with a small chuckle, but their joy was short lived.

Roxanne laughed. "HA! You really think you've won? Think again, this battle is far from over!"

Morgan and Nate both turned and to their dismay, the shadow picked itself up and stood tall.

"Now," Roxanne commanded, "use Revenge!"

"NO!" Morgan yelled in horror. She stood frozen, paralyzed in fear and helplessness. She could do naught but watch, as the wave of dark energy, of pure malice, surged across the battlefield and hit Nate. Sending him reeling.

As the attack hit him, as it surged through his body, Nate cried out in agony. He could feel his ribs splintering, feel the shards of bone shred through his lungs. He stumbled back a few steps and felt the ground fall away beneath him as he collapsed.

Coming to her senses, she rushed forward, catching him just in time. Morgan lowered Nate to the ground gently. She knelt there, Nate in her arms, fearing the worst. "NATE!!!" she shouted, "stay with me babe."

Nate's eyes slowly opened. He heard Morgan's gasp of shock and her shaky, relieved sigh. "It's okay," he said weakly, "I'm fine"

Looking down at Nate's pale form, Morgan knew he was lying.

A fit of coughing racked Nate's body and blood splatted his lips. He raised a hand to Morgan's face, his eyes full of remorse. "I'm sorry Morgan," he said, with a final, shuddering breath. "I failed you." With those words; his arm fell to his side, his head fell back and his eyes closed one, final time.