Scene - Rest Well

A/N: Featuring Leon; OC of sorascribbles

The breeze smelled of wildflowers, cherry blossom petals dancing in the wind as it blew across the meadow.

The scent of baking was there too, like sweet pastries or cake.

A new scent was added to the mix; cinnamon.

The sun was gentle, its warmth caressing the land and the people it touched.

The sky, lapis blue, was almost clear, save for the odd white cloud that drifted by.

In the centre of the meadow was a tree, an oak tree, tall and majestic and sturdy. Its branches spread wide, leaves in an array of shades of green clinging to them, the sun shining dappled on the sleeping form below.

The child was in a deep slumber, blonde hair and pointed ears peeking put from under their green cap, the strap of their satchel against a matching tunic.

They lay in the arms of a young man; he was similarly dressed, though his hair was a light brown with a shock of green. He held the small one gently, his thin arms shielding them from harm.

Nearby, a horse stood patiently, munching on the grass and little winged ball of light hovered, keeping watch over the child. It buzzed over to the man, clearly agitated. "Hey, listen! This is no time to be resting, we need to find the Princess and stop Ganondorf."

The man shot the light a glare, "You think I don' know that Navi? It's no' jus' Zelda and Ganon for me, m' brothers are at stake too. Link can't hero properly when they're tired, let them have this. It's my duty to aid them, and that is what I'm doing."