Scene - Joyful

It had been a rather busy day. Vax had just gotten back to his and Percy's place from helping his sister and her girlfriend get their bear dog, Trinket, to the vet's. Apparently there had been an incident with a young adult and an air rifle which had left a plastic bullet in the animal's flesh.

He'd arrived in time to see Keyleth holding Vex back from beating the kid senseless for hurting her dog. It had been a simple intimidation tactic to get the kid to apologise and pay for the vet's bill as none of the healers in their friendship group felt confident extracting the pellet before using Cure Wounds.

Now he walked into the home he shared with the human, taking his thick, feathered cloak and draping in on the coat rack with Percy's fancy blue trench coat. However, the house was far from silent; he could hear music from upstairs, loud music, and faint singing.

Unsheathing his keen dagger from its hidden sheath, Vax went into stealth mode and snuck upstairs. As he went, the voice became clearer and Vax'ildan was taken completely aback; Percy?

He gently opened their door and saw the source of the sound; Percy, in casual tracksuit bottoms and the half-elf's own black tank top, playing skillfully on an electric guitar, singing with all his heart.

Vax's heart melted as he saw the joy in Percy's face; the human almost seemed to glow with happiness, the most joyful Vax had seen him in weeks.

He just stood there until Percy finished, letting him stay in his ending pose for a good minute as he watched his boyfriend catch his breath. Then he began to applaud.

Percy jolted, spinning around, his face flushed and glasses slightly askew, that glow of joy still radiating from him. "O-oh, Vax, you're home early."

Vax smiled softly and walked over, carefully taking the guitar and laying on their bed, wrapping his arms around Percy in a hug. "That was amazing Percival." He lightly kissed his forehead, "you've got talent to rival even Scanlan."

Percy's blush deepened, "well, I wouldn't say that... but thank you."