The war is coming

" No absolutely NOT." Loki said.

Thanos had sent a message to Heimdall, saying that if they give me up, he will not wage war on Asgard. Thanos wants the Aether and he wants it bad.

" I've done this once and I'll do it again." I told Loki firmly.

" Who says that the decision lies on you?" Odin suddenly spoke up. " Asgard will go to war."

"But Odin. I cannot have anymore lives lost. One in exchange for all. Isn't that-" I was cut off by Loki planting a kiss on my lips. His hands tangled in my hair.

At that moment, nothing mattered more to me than him. The people around us seemed to disappear. I felt Loki's passion, love and worry in that kiss.

" Please don't tell me you are leaving me again." Loki begged.

" We will win this fight." Odin said.

Do I really want anymore lives lost for me? Do I really wish to see blood painting the battlefield? No. I didn't need more deaths on me. No more innocent lives shall be lost. My blood in exchange for their's.

I reached forwards to grab Loki's face. I kissed him hard. Tears ran down my face. I wanted to remember how his lips and tongue felt to me. Loki reciprocated with equal passion. My hand ran up to his hair. So soft. So beautiful. I pulled back from him to look into his glittering green eyes, searing them into memory.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. I disappeared before his very eyes, right into the devil's den.

Author's note :

What's going to happen next? Is Nox going to die? Is she going to live? Will Thanos manage to obtain the Aether?