A sacrifice

Loki's pov:

Our army was assembled. This is the day. The day that I will finally see my little fox. I miss her so.

We had Asgard on lockdown. Every town had a contingent of soldiers protecting it.

Sif, Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg, along with Thor and father, would be in the center of the fray.

Mother had a plan to conceal Jane. Both of them were hidden somewhere in our palace. I hope that both of them will be safe.

Suddenly, the sky darkened. I looked up and saw them. Thanos and his army.

But who was that? I saw a beautiful angel of darkness alongside Thanos. Was it her? Was it my little fox?

They landed and stood infront of our forces. Thanos had only a small number of his army.

" You have intruded upon our lands. Leave now, Thanos, before something happens to you!" Odin announced.

Thanos gave an evil laughter that echoed in the ears of everyone.

"Oh no. What shall we do? I do not plan to leave. Not without something that is rightfully mine!" Thanos shouted.

I saw that our army was gearing to fight. But the only thing on my mind was the angel beside Thanos. What was she doing? Why is she standing so passively next to him?

"Nox. Why don't you show them what will happen if they don't listen?" Thanos said with a grin.

It was her! It's really her!

Nox:

My body moved of it's own accord. I teleported behind one of the Asgardian soldiers. I grabbed him in my claws and flew back to Thanos.

FIGHT IT NOX! DON'T DO IT!  Nyx was screaming.

I was. I was fighting so hard. I had my claws around the soldiers neck. I was face to face with him.

I recognized him. He was one of the guards of the palace!

My other claw was raised and ready to dig his eyes out. He was scrabbling against my vice-like hold and was gasping for air.

NOX! Nyx screamed.

" What are you waiting for?! Do it! " Thanos yelled.

My arms trembled. I will not do it.

" No" I said, loud and clear. I threw the guard towards his friends and I turned to Thanos. I dug my claws deep into his flesh from his face to his chest.

He roared in pain and all the demons surged forward towards the Asgardian army. The battle has begun.

My claws were dripping with blood and I faced Thanos.

"You pathethic mortal! I gave you the gift of great power, yet you have betrayed me!" He spat out.

"There are many things that you do not know, Thanos," I sneered. "By making humans into your personal killing machines, you have personified our evil. We have entities living in each and every one of us. They are not on your side. They will come to me soon. Their entities told me."

There was a look of surprise on his face, but he quickly masked it away.

"Then you shall be the first to be destroyed! "

Before I could react, Thanos reached out for my neck and threw me a distance away. Battle raged around me but I could only see Thanos advancing towards me.

I couldn't move. I don't know why.

Suddenly, everything slowed down. Thanos raised his clawed hand, which was covered in black flames, to strike me. His hand was slowly nearing me.