Meet the parents

Loki pushed open a huge set of doors. I saw a long table filled with many dishes of food. Thor, Odin and Frigga was sitting at one side of the table.

Loki and I took our places opposite them.

" My lady. Would you like a glass of red wine or a glass of water?" an attendant asked.

" Red wine will be fine" I replied with a smile.

"Hello my dear. I trust that you are feeling better?" Frigga asked, concerned.

"Yes er...." I trailed off.

" Frigga. You may call me Frigga." she said.

" Yes Frigga. I'm feeling quite fine now." I reply.

" Well! Let us have our dinner! After that, we shall discuss certain matters. Thor tells me that you have some interesting things you know." Odin said.

I looked at Thor and he gave me a look as if to say, Hey, I can't lie to my father.

Great.  Now I have to tell everyone about Thanos' plan in using me.

While we ate, Frigga asked me a lot of questions about my life. I only told her about my life after I killed my father.

Loki's thigh was touching mine and I felt his warmth. I can't wait for tonight.

When we finished eating, the attendants cleared our plates.

" Please, tell us about what happened on Midgard" Odin asked.

Midgard? " A name we Asgardians call earth. " Loki explained as he held my hand.

" Oh. Well. How do I explain it? Basically I died and came back to life because of Thanos." I said.

" But why? Do you know why he did that?" Odin asked.

" He wanted to use me as his slave. He err," I said, looking at Loki, " wants to use me against your son."

Loki gripped my hand harder.

"And he mentioned the Dark Elves. What are they?" I asked curiously.

Both Odin's and Frigga's face changed when I mentioned the Dark Elves.

" The Dark Elves are a group of ancient beings bent on making the universe become darkness for their people again. I have fought against them eons ago with my own father. We thought they had become extinct." Odin said.

" Well, Thanos must have brought them back to life. He did so with me." I said.

" We will leave this matter aside for discussion with my generals later. Now, what I really want to know," Odin said as he leaned closer," is what happened just now. How did Thanos keep you in your dream? What was so bad about it?" Odin pressed.

The more I thought about Thanos making me relive my worst memories and multiplying the pain, the more my blood burned for his blood.

" Father. Please do not pry." Loki said as he clenched his teeth.

" We have to know Loki. We have to know how did he keep her in her......" Odin didn't finish his sentence.

I stood up roughly and slammed my hand through my wineglass. It cut through my hand and I saw the glass poking through my whole hand. Blood gushed out.

I felt like I was in one of my er... crazy moods.

" You may be king, Odin. But that does not grant you the right to pry into a person's most private memories. However," I paused dramatically, "I choose to tell you now of my own accord. What is the worst thing a man can do to a young girl?"

I saw from Odin's face that he understood.

" You get one point, my king. You will never know the feeling. However, just try to imagine. You are lonely, lost, have nobody left to love in the world. Somebody comes and takes away the one thing a girl can never have back. Your worst nightmare. You feel the tendrils of darkness creeping across your most private self as you cry out in pain, fear and desperation. You try to struggle, to escape, but you cannot. Frigga," I addressed, my tone growing softer," as a woman to a woman, I know only you can understand that pain." She nodded.

" Take the pain and multiply it by ten. That's what Thanos made me feel. Happy now, King Odin? " I spat out.

I wrenched my hand from Loki's grip and charged out of the dining room towards Loki's room.

Loki's pov :

Odin kept asking about Nox's dream and I had already told him not to pry. I could sense Nox getting agitated over it.

Needless to say, I was shocked when she slammed her hand on the wineglass. I wanted to say something but she let forth a tirade of her feelings flow. She didn't seem bothered about her injury but I was. Blood was flowing down and dripping on the floor.

She rushed out of the room. It was only now that I knew how she truly felt about that night. I felt angry and hurt for her, but I couldn't do anything because she had already killed the man.

I stood up. "You shouldn't have asked her that, father."

" Loki. Truly, I did not know about the extent of her experience. I apolo....."

" Apologise to her instead, King Odin." I spat out.

I ran out immediately to find Nox. I am so worried about her. I hope she does nothing stupid.....

In the dining room without Loki and Nox:

" Father. It was very wrong of you to do that. I suggest you apologise to her tomorrow. " Thor said.

" A king never apologizes to anybody!" Odin said.

" A great and wise king does so" said Frigga gently, as she left the room as well.