One more day

One more day until Clint arrives :

I woke up but my eyes hadn't opend. I heard hushed whispers.

"Is that really what happened?" "She actually confessed to him? ""Did she really say that?"

"When a person is drunk, they speak the truth. Trust me. Pepper knows EVERYTHING that I have ever done"

Ah damn it. I have a massive hangover. Hurts like a son of a bitch. I groaned and sat up.

"Hey she's awake!" Banner said.

I looked up and saw Tony, Thor, Natasha, Doctor Banner and Steve in the room.

"Guess Tony told you guys, huh? " I said.

" Yeah...." Banner trailed off.

I glared at Tony and he gave me an apologetic look.

"What day is it?" I asked.

Tony chuckled. " You slept more than half the day away. It's almost evening. "

" Hey Nox. I just wanted to apologise for not trusting you. I didn't know that you had suffered so much." Natasha earnestly said.

" No problem at all Natasha. I wouldn't trust me" I said.

I just realised that I was in Tony's bed.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry Tony!" I cried out, as I jumped out of bed. My legs gave way and I would have fallen if not for Steve rushing to hold me up. "Where did you sleep last night?" I asked.

" The floor. I'm kind of used to it. That's what my girlfriend would make me do when I snore too loud." Tony grinned.

I noticed that Thor was silent and looked really angry.

" Hey Thor. What's the matter with you?" I asked.

"IM GOING TO KILL LOKI! THAT USELESS SCUM!" Thor shouted.

"No. You won't be hurting him. You'll hurt me instead." I said.

Thor calmed down visibly. " I still want to kill him. But I won't for your sake." Thor replied.

" Thank you Thor. " I said.

" I want to go back to my room and shower and have dinner later. Can we eat together?" I asked.

" Of course! " said Natasha smiling.

" Thank you so much Tony. Truly, I appreciate it." I said.

"It's no problem at all" Tony said. " But that bottle of liquor was $5,000."

"WHAT THE HELL? You let me drink everything? " I shouted-asked.

" Meh. That was nothing. I'm rolling in cash" Tony said.

" Proud bastard " I said.

I half-walked back to my room.(Steve was still supporting me)

I turned on the shower tap and slid down to the floor and cried again. I had dreamt of that horrible night with that man again.

Loki's pov :

I tried using my magic to reach out to her. She had gotten herself drunk. I probed into her mind while she was asleep and saw something that I wished I had never seen. That man who forced himself on her on that night. I quickly got out of her head as I was really angry and didn't want to do something, like destroying my cell to get to her. It would be detrimental to my plans.

She suffered so much. No wonder she was more broken than I. I suddenly felt that what I had experienced was nothing to what she went through.

I read her mind again, just now. She acted cheerful infront of the fools but she broke down again in the shower when she was alone.

I couldn't bear it any longer. But it's okay. Tomorrow, Clint will arrive with a squadron to distract them while I get the Tesseract and my scepter. I needed to get it to Doctor Selvig as soon as possible. The Chitauri comes tomorrow.