Messed up

I was sitting in the corner of Loki's room. My hand was still bleeding with the shard of glass in it. It was all dark and cold and lonely. Just like that fateful night.

Why? Why did I let Thanos affect me so much? Was this his way of corrupting my mind and soul so that I would bend easier to his will? Was I really so weak? I've been strong my whole life, maybe now it's time to finally tear down the walls I've been building up.

I finally have someone to love now. Loki.

But Thanos would use me to destroy him. Should I continue to stay in Asgard? Or should I just end it once and for all?

I ripped the shard of glass out of my hand. Just as I was about to run it across my wrist, it was wrenched out of my hand.

" What in the world are you doing?!" Loki shouted.

I flinched back from his harsh tone and his gaze softened.

" Nox. Please. Whatever you are going through, we can get through it. Together. Why do you wish to kill yourself? Do you not love me?" Loki questioned.

" I do love you. That is why I wish to kill myself. Thanos has threatened to use me against you. If I am not in existence anymore, he cannot harm you." I reply sadly.

" Silly girl," he said, as he threw his arms around me.

I cried into his arms. "Why do you love me so much? I'm not worthy of the love of a god, and I am so messed up." I said tearfully.

" Love exists in all forms my dear. Whether between god or man. And," he paused, as he held up my chin," I am the one not worthy of you. I let you die because of me. It will never happen again. As for being messed up, I am just as messed up as you my dear. Why can't two messed up souls get together? " he smiled.

"Im sorry Loki. I wasn't thinking straight. " I said softly.

" No need for apologies. Now, give me your wounded hand." he said.

I gave him my hand. He gently cradled it. A soft green glow of light engulfed my hand and I felt warmth shooting throughout my whole arm. I looked at the wound. It had disappeared!

" That's one of the things I can do my dear. But my magic is not adequate to heal serious injuries. I would have rather been the one to heal you instead of the healers" he said ruefully.

" Loki. Should I apologise to Odin? I feel that he had no other motives when asking me about my dream. I believe he was truly curious. " I said.

" He's the one that should apologise to you. Let us get to bed now. It is late, and I believe you are tired." Loki said.

He was right. I didn't realise how tired I was. I yawned widely. Loki picked me up bridal style again and carried me to his bed. He put me down gently and pulled the covers above me. He climbed in after me and put his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest. He wasn't wearing his armour anymore so it was very warm and comfortable.

I looked up and gave him a soft kiss. This kiss was different. It was one that spoke of love and assurance and safety. I felt safe for once in my life.

He broke the kiss. "Goodnight Nox." he said.

" Goodnight Loki." I fell fast into a dreamless sleep.

Loki's pov :

I figured out that Nox would be in my room because that's the only place she knows in all of Asgard.

I pushed open the doors and spotted Nox in the corner. I saw her raising up the shard of glass above her wrist.

I ran over to her and wrenched the shard of glass out of her hand. What was she thinking?

I questioned her a little too harsh as I was so worried. I saw her flinch away from me and I realized my heart hurt when she did that.

She said that she wanted to end her existence to protect me from Thanos. I felt so guilty making her feel this way.

I comforted her and she asked me if she should apologise to Odin. Why does she think it's her fault?

I told her that it was in fact Odin who should apologise. I could tell that she was tired and told her to go to bed. She yawned. It was so cute. I carried her in my arms and laid her down gently on my bed. I covered her with my blanket and I  got into bed with her.

She snuggled up to me and rested her head on my chest. It was one of the greatest feelings I have ever felt. She then kissed me oh so gently.

" Goodnight Nox." I said, as she very quickly fell asleep. I do hope Thanos doesn't bother her. I feel like killing him. With that, I drifted off into sleep as well.