One for another

I stood by the door, watching the three of them sob over her body. I saw Jane huddled in a corner with tears in her eyes.

What can I do? I asked Nyx. Is it possible to bring her back?

It is. But Nox, I have to warn you, she has died. If you bring her back, you will not only feel all of her pain, but all of yours as well. Her suffering will be borne by you. You will re-live everything. Nyx warned. And you might die as well.

I don't care. Anything for their happiness. I said.

I walked over to them. "Move" I said.

"What are you trying to do, demon?! Get away from here!" Odin shouted,  as he and Thor got up to attack me.

" I asked politely." I blasted them away from Frigga.

I knelt by Loki's side.

I pressed my hands to her wounds.

"I do it for our family" I whispered.

Somehow, I knew what to do. Swirls of darkness circled my hands.

"Μαύρη μαγεία, πρέπει να αναιρεθεί από μαύρη μαγεία. Μπορεί να τους πόνους και βάσανα της αυτή η γυναίκα να βαρύνει αποκλειστικά από μένα. Απελευθερώσουν από τα νύχια του θανάτου και να περάσει σε μένα." I said softly.

" Black magic shall be undone by black magic. May the pains and sufferings of this woman be borne entirely upon me. Release her from the claws of death." Loki whispered.

Frigga's wounds slowly disappeared. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Mother! You're alive!" Loki said. Odin and Thor ran over to her with looks of disbelief.

I was shoved aside by them but I didn't care. I stood up and stepped back. My demon appearance melted away to my human form. I was clothed in a black dress.

Suddenly, I heard a loud scream. It was terrible and heart piercing.

Then I realized it came from me. My old wounds from when Thanos tortured me started forming on my body. Frigga's heart wound manifested itself on my heart. I dropped to the ground in pain.

"Nox!" Loki shouted, and ran over to me.

I was convulsing and screaming and yelling in pain. I felt all of my pain and Frigga's. I. Felt. Everything. I want to die.

"Please kill me!" I sobbed, as blood soaked my body.

Loki held me to his body and I screamed into his neck. " KILL ME NOW!!" I cried, as I grabbed his hands.

I felt warm arms surrounding me and lifting me off the ground. My face was so soaked with blood that I could only see red.

I screamed and cried and begged Loki to end my life. I was twisting around in his arms.

" Take her to your chambers. Call for Eir." someone said.

I couldn't see, I couldn't hear properly. And I wanted to die. I sensed Loki carrying me and walking to his room.

I vaguely saw Thor and Sif, as well as Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg along the way.

I felt myself being placed in a warm bed. I curled up into a ball. The wounds were closing up, only to open up again.

By now, I had lost my voice. I can only shiver in pain.

Loki's pov :

I heard Nox speak in Greek tongue. I knew it was a very dark and very ancient spell, as I had dabbled in black magic quite a lot some time ago. It was a spell to pull a person out of death. In turn, the pain that the victim had suffered would be passed on to the one bringing him or her back. As punishment for defying Death, the person would be made to re-live her most painful experiences as well.

I watched as she brought mother back to life. I couldn't believe my eyes. She really did it.

I was hunched over mother as she opened her eyes. Odin and Thor ran over to us.

"My dear queen! Are you alright? How did this happen?" Odin asked.

I heard a loud scream that tore at my heart. I looked behind and saw that Nox was screaming. I saw the same wounds that she had suffered by Thanos manifest themselves all over her beautiful body. Her human body.

She dropped to the ground and started convulsing in pain, screaming the whole while. She kept asking to be killed. That made my heart freeze.

I ran over to her and cradled her bloody body. She buried her head in my neck and begged me to kill her. She was twisting around in my arms in pain.

" Take her to your chambers and call for Eir." Mother said. I was so very glad mother was alive, but I couldn't bear my little fox in this way. I knew she was hurting so much. I knew about the spell, the repercussions of it. She may very well die. I was afraid.

I quickly carried her towards our chambers. I passed Sif, Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg along the way but I didn't bother with them.

I placed her blood soaked body onto our bed. I went out of the room and called for a guard.

" Send healer Eir here! And quickly! " I said to a guard. He nodded and ran off.

I went to Nox's side and knelt by her. She had her eyes closed shut and had her hands balled into fists.

She's fighting it. I suddenly heard.

" Who's there?!" I shouted.

A dark mist flowed out from her head and slowly took the form of Nox's demon.

"It is I. My name is Nyx and I am her evil personified. I am an entity living inside of her. She is fighting a very hard battle now. She cannot hear or see you," she said.

That was weird. I've never seen or heard of anything like this in my 1,000 years.

"Will she ever wake up?" I asked.

" It depends on her willpower. Whether she wants to live or die. She is going through her worst memory right now. I do not know if she can hold on. This one is... heartbreaking."

" The rape?" I whispered.

" The rape is horrible, yes, but no. It is not the rape. "

"Then what is it? Tell me!" I demaned. What can be worse than that?

"When she was younger, her father used to tie her up so tightly that the ropes cut her flesh, on a chair in his bedroom. He would then proceed to beat and rape her mother. Even though the physical pain was not borne by her, watching her mother cry in pain and knowing she doesn't have the power to do anything, was far worse than any pain she knows. She wishes that she had taken her mother's place."

What? How could I not have known? I had sieved through her mind, how did I not see that?

"She kept that memory locked deep into her mind " Nyx said, answering my questions.

I didn't know my sweetheart was so broken. I have to fix it back.

" Loki. I have to tell you this. Even if she manages to pull through, she may not be the same as before. Dark magic does things to people."

What things? Why do I not know this?

"Someone's coming. I need to go. Stay with her."

Nyx turned into a mist and returned to Nox.