Present

Here I am, six years later. 18 years old and already the top of the food chain and the best of the best amongst the street fighters of the night. In these six years, I have learnt how to fight my way to survival. I didn't have a teacher to teach me, I just kept fighting.

What fueled me on was my rage. My psychopath side from when I murdered them in cold blood six years ago. I managed to control it. I would only bring on the rage when I needed it. It's that simple. Rage on, rage off.

How did I get to be so good? I kept on throwing myself into fights, underground fighting matches at night with men and women. The day finally came where I realised I could somehow 'get out' of my body and watch myself fight, like a television, in my psychopath rage. I felt no pain even though my opponents kept pummeling me. This is very good for me. I could keep going on and on until there is no one left to fight me. I could also kill with no remorse. Trust me, a lot of people died while fighting me. Or, while trying to fight me.

I only allowed the pain to come to me when I'm alone. I can block off the pain at the back of my mind. No one has ever seen me cry or suffer in pain.

When I first started out in this... business of underground fighting, I had to be known by a name.

Eva Evans had died. Now, Nox has come to take her place.

I chose the name Nox because it meant 'Night'. I loved the night. That was when I became alive. Sometimes, I kill for fun. But I don't just kill anybody. I kill those rapists and murderers who had gotten away scot-free. I take an extreme perverse pleasure in prolonging their suffering and watching them choke in their own blood.

I do earn money from being a fighter. I became so infamous, that me just appearing during somebody else's match would guarantee me some money. Oh yes, people were very afraid of me. And they had a right to be. I'm just a girl, but even the hardened fighters would tremble when they see me walk amongst them. They could feel my superiority over them. I was the absolute alpha queen.

I still keep the penknife from six years ago. I ordered a special diamond encrusted case for it. My first killing and I am still very proud of it.

The only, if you could call him one, 'friend' I had was simply known as Alex. That wasn't his real name. No one in this industry would be stupid enough to mention their real name. He was my sort of agent. Whenever some rich gangster or businessman needed to 'settle' someone, they called Alex and requested for Nox. Alex would then inform me. We both had special phones where we could use it to only communicate with each other. Of course, I earned quite a hefty amount of cash. I kept my money hidden in an area of a forest, the place which only I knew of.

I am a cruel and heartless person, no doubt about that. This is the only way I know how to survive. This IS the only way to survive.