Fragmented

"As you can see, this body of mine is injured. I will need you to heal it. But first," Nyx said, as she placed the puppy on the healing table, " heal this little fellow"

"B-but, my lady! You are bleeding so badly! Let me heal you first!" Eir stuttered.

" Do as I say or the consequences will be death." Nyx said with a growl. Eir stepped back in fear.

Damn bitch. You are fierce. I said.

Well, I can still hang on. But the little guy can't. Nyx said.

Eir had begun healing the little wolf. I watched in amazement as a golden glow bathed the puppy. His wounds slowly disappeared. He gave a yelp and jumped off the table. He started running around me and jumped up at my feet.

" Infrom the king and queen, the two princes, lady jane, lady sif and the three warriors." Eir said to another healer. The healer nodded and rushed off.

"Please lady Nox. Lie down on this table."

Nyx laid down on the table. The little wolf was still barking and running around.

"My lady. Your healing process may take up to a day. When have you received these serious injuries? " Eir asked.

" Three days ago. " Nyx said.

Eir's eyes widened in surprise but she said nothing. A golden glow encased my body. It was somewhat different as compared to the little wolf's.

" My lady. You will have to remain here until your wounds heal. I will fetch a pillow and a blanket for your comfort." Eir said.

"Yes please do," Nyx said," but can you please place the little wolf on me?"

Eir picked up the hyperactive puppy and placed it on my chest. He quietened and fell asleep quickly.

I want control, Nyx.

The pain came back to me but I was comforted because of a little warm body on my chest. I closed my eyes and stroked the wolf.

I felt a hand lift up my head. A soft pillow was placed under it. Probably Eir. I felt a warm blanket being placed over me. This was very comfortable. After three days of roughing it out, this was luxury. Plus, I had my own mini personal heater.

I was about to fall asleep when I heard a commotion.

" NOX! NOX!" The doors burst open. Yeah, it was Loki. The rest of the others were on his tail. I heard gasps and a shout of horror. Probably because my wounds were still open for the world to see.

" Do not place your hands on me, prince Loki." I sneered without opening my eyes. " He who doubts me shall have no relations with me. "

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, please forgive me!" Loki cried out. I opened my eyes and saw him kneeling on the ground next to the healing bed. The others were watching our exchange.

" Do not think that your current action will melt my heart. You have frozen it from the moment you questioned my love for you. See what you have done to me?" I said coldly, sitting up and displaying my injured arm. The little wolf was still asleep in my lap.

I saw pain in their eyes as they saw the extent of my wounds.

" A little fun fact for everybody. I wasn't even supposed to be alive. I should have died on Obscure's grave. But that stubborn little demon," I smiled a little, "refused to let me go. She is the reason that I am alive. I was ready to leave this world because of you, PRINCE LOKI!" I shouted. He looked so sad and tears were running down his face. The little wolf woke up and started yapping. " Be calm little one" I whispered as I stroked him. He quietened down and stared at Loki with his bright blue eyes.

I felt a little dizzy. I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"My lady. Please do not get agitated! You need to lie down." Eir said, as she rushed over. I lay down again and the dizziness dissipated.

" I have no wish to see you right now. Get the fuck out. Well, except you my queen. I need to speak to you in private." I said, looking towards Frigga. She came towards my other side and sat down on a chair that Eir provided.

The others slowly left one by one. Loki gave me one last, sad look before shutting the doors.

" Mother." I addressed. She smiled.

" How are you coping?" Frigga asked.

" Not very well." I admitted.

" I love your son very much. But it will take me a long while to forgive him. Do you blame me?" I asked her.

" No. I understand. I only ask for your forgiveness. I know what had transpired previously. I have berated him repeatedly. And I thank you very much. I am very grateful to you." she said.

" For what? Bringing you back to life? Sacrificing myself for you? It seems like a big thing to you, but to me, I will always protect what is important to me." I reply with a smile.

" We have not done anything for you, yet you have done tremendous things for us. But I have to ask one more thing from you. Please, forgive Loki. I know it may not be anytime soon, but he also loves you deeply. You should have seen how he kept searching for you these past days. He was desperate, Nox. I have never seen him like this. He regrets what he has done. Please forgive him" Frigga begged again.

" I promise you, mother. I promise to forgive him. But it will not be easy. Like I said, my heart has frozen. It will take Loki a lot of effort to thaw it," I sniggered," seeing as he is a frost giant."

Frigga laughed. " Well my dear. I'm glad that you are able to make light of the situation. You have a very sunny disposition. I shall leave you to rest now. Eir is giving me looks." Frigga said, as she gestured to her. Eir's face reddened and she quickly looked away. I laughed.

" See you tomorrow. " I said to Frigga.

Frigga left the room. "My lady, I shall also leave you to rest. Please shout for me if you need anything. I will be in the next room." Eir said.

I nodded and she left the room. The tears that threatened to leak out previously poured out now. I was so sad, angry and in great pain.

Let it all out Nox. You will feel better. Nyx said gently.

When can I ever let go of these emotions? They weigh so heavily on my heart I cried mentally.

You will know it when the time comes. Now, please get to sleep. Your body needs it.

I shut my eyes and cried myself to sweet oblivion.