The transfer

I was eating with Loki, Thor, Jane and his parents. There was.... something wrong with Jane. I knew the Aether resided in her body. But it was killing her from the inside.

One month. Nyx simply said.

One month. One month until the Aether takes over and ravages her body. I cannot let that happen.

A hand on my shoulder broke me out of my reverie. " What's wrong my dear?" Loki asked, with a worried frown.

Shall we do this? I asked Nyx.

If you want. But it is dangerous. Do not let the darkness consume your soul.

" The Aether is killing you." I said to Jane. " One more month. One more month before it takes over you."

"What can we do?" Thor asked worriedly.

I got up from my seat. I grabbed Jane's hand. "Come. Let's go."

I led her into an empty room and locked it. Thor and Loki was outside and kept asking to be let in.

"Jane. Do you want to die?" I asked.

" What a stupid question! Of course not!" she replied.

I concentrated my dark magic. Jane floated in the air. Red swirls came out from Jane's eyes and mouth. She dropped to the ground. The swirls circled around my hand and went into my body.

The door burst open and Thor and Loki rushed in.

"What did you do to her?!" Thor shouted, as he cradled Jane. She was unconscious.

" What I did to her? What I did FOR her!" I shrieked.

" Nox... Your eyes...." Loki trailed off.

I went to the bathroom in the room. I looked into the mirror.

My eyes were red, with swirls of black circling my irises.

The transfer is complete. Have no fear. The Aether will not ravage your body. Nyx said.

Suddenly, I heard a voice.

Greetings, young one.