A little ray of sun

"Eir!" I called out when I awoke. "Can I leave now?" And I just realized that my blood soaked clothes had been changed to fresh ones.

Eir came running into the room. "Let me check your recovery first my lady."

"Well, your wounds have healed but please do not partake in any strenuous activities for two days."

"Thank you Eir. I'm sorry for being nasty to you." I said, smiling.

Eir looked a little flustered. "No no. It's not a problem my lady. I should be sorry!" she stuttered.

I laughed and got off the bed. I headed out of the healing room. The little wolf puppy was running and weaving in and out through my legs.

"Come on, boy!" I said, while running. "Let's get to the kitchen and find you something to eat!"

At the mention of food, his ears pricked up. We arrived at the kitchen a minute later, thanks to a very helpful guard.

I poked my head into the kitchen. "Hello! Any food for a little wolf here?"

The kitchen attendants looked shocked at the sight of me. "M-my lady! Y-yes, we do have raw meat. "

" Can you give me some, please?" I asked.

" C - certainly! " she said, while reaching into a basket to grab a small hunk of meat. She chopped it up into tiny bite sized pieces. She placed them into a small basket and handed it to me.

" Thank you. Truly, I appreciate it"

The attendant looked too flustered to give me an answer so I just smiled and walked away. Why was everyone like this around me? Maybe they've heard about what happened? Oh well. Who cares? I've got a baby to take care of!

Seems like you are so much more cheerful because of him. Nyx chuckled.

Yeah. I think he can help me in my recovery. Don't you think so?

Oh, he will.

I headed to the training grounds with the puppy hot on my heels. I saw MANY soldiers training.

In preparation for Thanos' return for the Aether. And the war. Nyx said solemnly.

Thanos. I almost forgot. But for now, I will put him at the back of my mind.

I sat down in the shade. The wolf kept running back and forth. Some of the soldiers looked over at me but I ignored them.

I picked out a piece of meat and handed it to him. He tore through it viciously.

" Hey" I turned around and saw Jane.

" Hi. Where's Thor?" I asked. She sat down beside me. "He is with... Loki. They are discussing about some matters."

I kept silent. I threw another piece of meat at the wolf. He jumped and caught it mid-air. Jane chuckled. "He is so cute! Have you named him yet?"

"Well, I don't know what to name him. How about you give me a suggestion? "

Jane thought for a little while. "How about... Knight? He is black in color and he does seem like a little fighter" she said, watching him wrestling a piece of meat out of my hold while growling.

" Yeah. That does seem like a good name! Ok, he shall now be known as Knight!" I announced.

We heard a commotion from the training grounds. Horrified shouts and holler were heard. The soldiers scattered the grounds. A huge band of wolves, around 50 of them, were advancing towards my direction. All of them reached my shoulder height when I stood up. They looked.....They looked beautiful.

"Nox! We need to go!" Jane said, while tugging onto my shoulder.

" No no. You go." I said, while still sitting down and watching them. Jane backed away and ran off. The one leading the band, he was the most beautiful of them all. The power he exudes, I could feel it. He was their alpha.

" Lady Nox! You need to run! These wolves are dangerous! " Volstagg shouted as he came running to me. He assumed a defensive stance infront of me.

"Harm them, and I harm you. Step aside."

Volstagg took one last look at the wolves and ran away. God. Why was everyone scared of a few wolves?

Knight was yelping happily. His family perhaps? He scampered towards the wolves who were a mere few feet away from me. He hopped around the lead wolf in joy. They nuzzled each other.

She saved me father! I would have died without her!  What? Was that what I thought it was?

Do you wish to stay here with them or come with us? No matter what you choose, your mother and I will support you.

Oh my god even their god damn animals had some sort of magic. Earth's animals are so lame.

I couldn't hear Knight's answer. Please stay with me. I pleaded silently. I need you.

The huge wolf walked towards me. It was a little intimidating, with his shining blue eyes and huge teeth. He sat down infront of me.

Thank you, for taking care of my son. We had a group of bears raid our dens a few days ago. We managed to get every young one out except my son. I had thought we lost him, until my pack caught his scent leading over to here.

How do you speak to a wolf. Telepathy?

It is not a problem. Why though, is everyone scared of you guys?

If it was possible, the wolf gave a human equivalent of laughter.

Do you not see our sheer size? But tell me, why are you not afraid of us? Even grown men tremble in their boots at the sight of us.

I have encountered certain things which I fear more than wolves.

Very well then. My son wishes to stay with you. Can I have your solemn promise, that you will take care of him forever? The offsprings of alphas are immortal.

Now that was freaking awesome.
I promise you.

Then I shall give you the mark of the wolf as my gratitude.  You will forever be known as one of us. This mark enables you to call for our help when you need it.

The wolf put his huge and heavy paw on my shoulder. I felt a warmth flow throughout my body. He removed his paw. There was a small engraving in the shape of a wolf.

Knight ran towards me and hopped on my lap.

Well, son. Goodbye. I will see you soon.

The whole pack threw their heads in the air and howled. The sound rang throughout the whole palace. The whole pack of them ran towards the direction they came from and disappeared into the forest.

That was epic. Nyx said.

I can't believe that just happened.

Look at everyone. They are still shocked. Nyx chuckled.

Meh. Who gives a shit? I'm hungry now.

"Come on Knight!" I shouted. " My turn to eat!" He followed me as I walked towards the dining area.

Loki's pov :

My little fox was amazing. Thor and I was discussing about Asgard's army when we heard a commotion. We looked down the balcony and saw a pack of wolves heading right for Nox. I wanted to rush down, but it seems the wolves had no intention to harm her. Why though? They were extremely vicious.

When the wolves ran back to the forest, Thor turned to me. " Well brother. You better not hurt her anymore. She has an extremely solid backing."

I smiled. Yes, it was true. I will try to win back her heart everyday from now on.

Author's note :

This chapter is a filler!