Finally

Loki's pov :

When I saw Nox run out in front of me, my worst fears had been confirmed. I didn't want her to die. At that moment, I realised everything I did didn't have to be done. It was my own selfish thinking. She smiled at me when the ray hit her. I felt my heart rip.

The pressure caused her to fly to the opposite wall and she smashed against the wall. I heard something audibly crack.

I ran over to her and kept calling her name. Her eyes were open but she seemed to not hear or see me. A few moments later, I saw my brother land on the roof. He told me that the true casualty of this war was Nox. I felt so incredibly guilty.

I kissed Nox's forehead and told her I would stop all of this. I saw her smile.

I went to grab my scepter and ran towards the machine that the Tesseract was in. I concentrated my magic into the scepter and pushed it towards the Tesseract with all my strength. When my scepter touched the Tesseract, the portal was shut off immediately, preventing anymore of the Chitauri from coming.

When I went back to Nox, I saw that my brother and Stark was kneeling by her side and crying.

No. No, she wasn't dead. She can't be dead.

I ran over to her side and pushed them out of the way.

I cradled her body. She was pale and cold. She still had the ghost of a smile left upon her lips.

"Nox? Nox please don't be dead. Please!" I shouted, as I got no response from her.

"NO! NOX! I didn't even get to say I love you! Please don't leave me! I'll be all alone" I said, and I did something that I never did in my entire life. I cried. In front of others. I didn't even notice that my brother had his arm around me.

Why?