Don't belong

Breakfast was pleasant. They had like, bacon, eggs and buttered toast. It's not much to some, but for me, simplicity is nice.

While I am eating breakfast, I see many of the staff and agents staring at me and speaking in hushed tones. I shoot them all a glare and they looked away immediately. Pathethic fools. They all are beneath me.

" Hello! Good morning Nox!" I looked up and saw Steve walking towards me with a tray of his food.

"Hi" I greeted back.

He sat down and started eating.

" Hey Steve. Why is everyone staring at me? Did I do something?" I asked.

He looked away and mumbled something under his breath.

"I didn't catch that Steve. What is it?" My tone grew firmer.

" I-I don't think I should tell you" he stuttered.

"If I am to join your team of fighters, you'd better tell me" I warned.

" Alright. Everyone is talking about you and Loki. How you two spent time talking even after you injured him, and they are also saying that Nick should not have put you in the team " Steve whispered.

"How. Did. They. Know " I gritted out.

"Erm... S.H.I.E.L.D has security cameras practically everyehere, except for our personal rooms. Gossip spreads very quickly here." Steve said.

Even though these people are beneath my concern, I felt... hurt that they didn't trust me. Why? And me and Loki, I'll try not to spend so much time with him. But I miss him.

I got up without finishing my food and cleared my table.

" Hey Nox. Don't take it so personally okay? What others say is not important" he assured.

" I guess I don't really belong. I've never belonged in any place before. After this big battle that Nick says, I'll disappear from here" I said with a sad smile.

I walked away to my room to spend some time alone. I think I shouldn't see Loki today. That thought hurt me so much.

Steve's pov:

Oh dear. I shouldn't have told her that. She looked so dejected. But still, I can't hide the rumours from her forever. She's bound to find out. Anyway, I simply cannot comprehend why Nick and Natasha is so suspicious of her. Even Stark and Doctor Banner feels alright with her. Why not them?

In the control room:

Thor, Natasha, Nick, Bruce, Tony

" Thor, why did you fight with Nox? And why did she cry after that? What the hell did you say to her?" Natasha asked.

"We merely had a minor disagreement. That is all to it. Don't think too deep into it" Thor replied.

" No. There is something you are not telling us." said Natasha.

" It is a private matter between Nox and I. Do not pry any further." Thor replied.

" Thor. Let me just ask you one thing. Would the matter be detrimental to our operations? " Nick questioned.

" No, it will not." Thor replied.

" Then it is fine with me. So long as she doesn't disrupt our whole operation, then don't tell us. I don't care." Nick said.

" You assholes got to stop being distrustful of her. Everyone's got their secrets. And you know what? She forced out of me as to why the whole staff and agent body is talking about her. Don't look at me like that Doctor Banner," Steve said. " She threatened me. You guys should have seen her face when I was with her just now. She told me that after this is over, she would disappear. I have no exact idea what that means, but it seems like nothing good."

"Long speech eh, old man." Tony said.

" Nick, Agent Romanoff. What is your problem with her?" Steve asked.

" A girl more skilled than us, and able to take down Loki if given the chance, suddenly appears out of nowhere, has no records ever since she was 12, and you expect us to just simple trust her? Are you out of your mind Steve?" Natasha said.

" If that means trusting her, then yes, I am out of my mind. Don't always be so suspicious of people. I know that even you spies have secrets that have secrets, that is why you yourself are so highly suspicious of others! " Steve shouted,  as he stormed out of the room.

" I think I'll go fix up my suit." Tony said as he walked away.

"I'll go er.... study Loki's scepter." Bruce said, as he hurried away.

"You two humans should really open up your minds. People shouldn't be treated the way you treat them." Thor said, as he strolled off.