Chapter 11~~ Mates.

Demetri walked closer to me.

 "Werewolves are our natural enemies, but I'm hoping that I can persuade them to help us." He said.

"How would you do that?" I asked, noting his closeness, he was less than a foot away from me.

 I was trying to decide whether I liked it or not. Demetri was beautiful, that's usually not a word you would use to describe a man, but I couldn't think of anything better. Handsome didn't do him any justice at all. His piercing blue eyes, his creamy pale skin, his shiny black hair, his muscles that were being constricted by his close fitting grey shirt. But nevertheless, I need to stop thinking about him that way. He doesn't feel the same, he obviously has or had a mate just by the way he was describing the feelings between two mates.

"I'm not sure. I've scheduled a meeting with a Pack not to far from here, the Russolette pack." He paused.

"They have about thirty wolves. I'm going to need you there for back up incase this doesn't end well, because I'm not sure how many will actually show." He said.

I nodded.

"You will come with me won't you?" He asked.

"Yes, of course." I said and smiled.

He smirked at me.

 "Back to Ella," I said. "What are we going to do after the baby comes?" I asked.

"We'll hide the body," He said gravely.

 I saw tears build up in his blue eyes, he blinked, and in an instant they were gone.

"Are you okay?" I asked and grazed my finger tips along his arm.

 He looked down at his arm noticing my touching him. I pulled my hand away.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"No, it's alright. I'm fine, I've just known Ella since she was a newborn. It's hard to think of her giving up her life for someone she hasn't even met yet." He said.

 I looked at him disbelivingly.

 "That's her child, of course she's willing to give up her life for it." I defended Ella's decision.

"I know, I never said that she was making the wrong decision, it's just going to be hard to watch her die when I know I can save her," He said staring into my eyes.

"I know, but you're going to have to respect her decisions. It's her life Demetri." I spoke quietly.

"I'm going to. I'm going to deliver the little murderer and she's going to die and we're going to have to come back home with a baby, a possible vampire baby, and we're going to have to come up with a huge lie to tell Asher. He's going to lose his mind when he realizes Ella's never coming back." He said and let a tear escape, I wiped it away.

 He put his hand on my cheek, blinked twice, and put his hand back at his side.

He looked at my face, I could tell words were playing at the tip of his tongue, but he wouldn't say them.

"I'll come and get you when it's time for our meeting with the wolves." and without another word, he was gone.

Demetri's POV

I walked into my room and slammed the door.

I was growing so close to Luna so fast. Too fast.

 Deep down she felt our bond as mates, but she has yet to embrace it fully, and if I press it, she may never love me. I couldn't fathom the idea of never holding her in my arms, or never kissing her blood red lips.