Chapter Seven ~~ Information

Xavier's POV 

     I scaled the castle’s wall until I came up to a window. I looked in and I saw the girl lying on the bed. I held myself up with one hand and tried to open the window with the other. Her head snapped back, she saw me and screamed. I let go of the ledge and fell to the ground. I ran as fast as I could back to the apartment.

Luna's POV

     I quickly got up from the bed, here lately I just couldn’t seem to get enough sleep. I went over to the window and opened it. I looked down and no one was there. I could’ve sworn I saw someone. I heard two quick knocks on the door.

 “What happened?” Ella asked concerned.

 “I saw someone out there! He was on the ledge looking in!” I exclaimed.

     A worried look flashed over her face quickly, but was concealed in a matter of seconds with a calm one.

“Come with me.” She said and grabbed my hand.

We maneuvered our way through the castle until we came upon a large wooden door.

 “Yes?” A man answered.

 “May I speak with you briefly?” Ella asked.

“I suppose.” The man said and sighed.

She opened the door and I saw Demetri.

Fear struck my body.

 “Aw, is the little youngling lamia scared?” He asked looking at me, amused.

 “Lamia?” I asked.

“Has no one taken the time to explain anything to you?” He asked.

 I shook my head no.

 “Do I have to do everything around here, Ella?!” He slammed his fist against his desk.

“No, sir.” She quietly while looking at her feet.

“Go.” He commanded and looked at Ella. Within seconds she was gone.

     “Well, I guess I should explain the basics before I get into all the Lamia mumbo jumbo,” He said and sighed. 

     “We’re repulsed by garlic; myth. I enjoy Italiano every once and a while. We burn when exposed to sunlight; truth, well, except for you. We sleep in coffins; myth, we don’t sleep, except after we’re turned. We continue to sleep for about a  month, then you’re never tired. Ever. Kind of sucks, seeing as there’s only so much you can do. You can’t turn a human right now, because you haven’t been a vampire long enough, you’ll be able to though in a couple of years. So, better safe than sorry, always drain them unless they’re family members or friends.” He said and a dark smile displayed on his lips.

“Also, I heard about the poor man in the woods, you know he could’ve lived.” He said.

 “How? He saw everything.” I stated. 

      “Compulsion, focus on their eyes make sure you have their full attention. Now, the cool thing about being Lamia is that you can compel other vampires, I can’t.” He said, disappointed.

“How do you know I’m Lamia?” I asked.

     “Because of your green eyes. You haven’t noticed that you’re the only one in this whole place with green eyes?” He asked.

“No, not really. What about people like you, with blue eyes?” I asked.

      “Just means that we’re old. And extremely strong. When you’re older, after you feed your eyes will be blue for a short period of time but will return back to green.” He assured me.

“So, what makes me so different from you?” I asked.

 “I’m not done with the basics, don’t rush me.” He said with a stern look.

“Sorry,” I said and waited for him to continue.

     “We die if someone stabs us with a wooden stake; true. All other wounds will heal almost instantly,” He paused.

     “Now that I’ve covered most of the basics, I guess it’s time to move onto the Lamia.” He stated and shifted his weight in his chair.

      “It’s going to be very hard to be Lamia because human blood will be the only thing that will truly satisfy your hunger. Unlike me, I can go out and have a nice deer and be full for a day or so. But with you it’ll only last for a few hours. Sunlight will not burn you. Right now you have the strength of a five hundred year old vampire. You will get stronger as you age. Now, you know what I said about being staked?” He asked.

 I nodded in agreement.

     “You will die, but only for a few hours and then you will come back. You have to be staked, then burned.” He said.

“Any questions?” He asked and clasped his hands.

 “No.” I said quietly.

 “That’s not all, but it’s enough for right now. Before, I ask you to leave I would like to ask you a question,” He said and looked into my eyes.

I nodded for him to continue.

     “Now, normally when we get a stray, such as yourself, we will teach you the basics and set you free to kill everything in sight," He said jokingly. 

"But with your being Lamia, it would work to our advantage to have you here. Especially, when the războinici versiunea originală from Romania decide to come out to play. We usually have some sort of disagreement with them every few hundred years.” He said grimly.

 I thought about this, I had a home here. But if I left, I would be out on the streets again. I need to stay. I have to.  After a few moments in silence he sighed.

“So, what is your final answer?” He asked.

 “I’ll stay.” I said. 

 “Good.” He said and smiled.