Chapter Nine~~Myths

"I only have a month before the baby comes," Ella paused. "In the last week or so, I will be very sick and weak. I need you to take me away from here so Asher won't see me like that." She said.

 "How do you expect me to deliver a baby?" I asked.

"You won't, Demetri will come with us, before he was turned he used to be a doctor." She put her hands behind her back.

 "But that's not all you need to do for me," She took a deep breath. "I know this is too much to ask, but you're the only woman I know-"

"What are you saying?" I cut her off.

 "I want you to take my baby and raise it and love it as if it were your own." She said and looked into my eyes.

 "Ella, no. I'm only nineteen. The only thing I know about babies is what I learned from my sister when she had my nephew," I shook my head.

"I can't do it. I'm sorry." I bit my bottom lip.

Ella came closer to me, she grabbed both of my hands and looked deep into my eyes.

"You will take my child and raise it as your own."  

 "I will take your child and raise it as my own." I said involuntarily.

 She let go of my hands. I blinked a few times.

"What the hell did you just do?!" I screamed.

"Now you have to take it." She said and smirked.

 "What was that?" I asked.

 "When I grabbed your hands I was able to channel your Lamia powers, compelling you to take my child." She said.

 "Why can't Asher take it? It is his isn't it?" I asked.

 "Yes, it's his. Because, he doesn't know. If he knew he would do anything in his power to kill it before it killed me." She said.

"Isn't he going to be just a little curious as to why I leave the castle one day childless, then come back the next with one?" I asked.

"Just tell him the mother abandoned it and you couldn't leave it." She said.

"So, how do you know it's going to be human?" I asked.

"I don't, I just have a feeling." She said.

 "What if it's some weird hybrid?" I asked.

 "Then you'll cross that bridge when you get there." She said sternly.

 "You have to do this for me Luna, Asher can't." She said tears brimming her eyes.

 I sighed and thought about it for a moment. I would be a mother, a single mother nonetheless. But, if I don't do it who will? I closed my eyes and exhaled.

 "Alright, I'll do it."  

"Thank you so much." She said and wrapper her long skinny arms around my waist.

What did I just do? I just agreed to be a mother. I would be responsible for another life. What if I screwed its life up beyond repair? It would be no one's fault but mine.

Ella let go of me and looked at my face.

 "What are you going to name it?" I asked.

"I haven't really thought about it. I've been more worried about who was going to raise it more than anything." She said and put a hand on her stomach.

"Where are we going when it's time for you to deliver?" I asked.

"A small cabin about two hours away in the mountains. We'll go a few days before." She said.

 I nodded.

"What am I supposed to say to Asher when you don't come home?" I asked.

"Tell him that I left him, left the castle, everything." She as she let a tear escape her eyes.

"He's not going to believe that, he'll come looking for you." I said.

"Be that as it may, but he will never find me." She said.

 I was silent for a few seconds.

"Won't he hear my thoughts and find out?" I asked.

"No, you should be fully Lamia by now. But just to be safe, don't think about it while you're around him until I find out for sure." She said.

 I nodded.

 "If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask them." She said.

"Since, Asher is dead, for all intensive purposes, how are you pregnant?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know. I looked it up to see if there were any other reported cases, or as humans would call them, myths, and found only one, since I'm a rare breed it could be a little different." she said.

 "What happened to the mother?" I asked.

"The baby drained her of all her blood and she died while giving birth. She was part human just like I was. I can get sick and die. It doesn't just take a stake through the heart. I mean sure, that would do it, I'm just like a human, I can die from virtually anything. The only thing my vampire side does is keep me from ageing. It won't give me super powers, or heal me quickly or do anything that it normally would for you." She said.

"How old are you exactly?" I asked.

"Twenty." She said and smiled.

"Seriously," I said.

"Four hundred and eight." She said.

 My mouth dropped. "Wow,"

"How old is Asher?" I asked.

 "He was twenty two when he was turned in 1574, and when he found me he was seventy-two years old, counting human years. So, four hundred and sixty." She said.

 "And Demetri?" I asked.

"I'm honestly, not sure. He's never really said. He doesn't really like to talk about how he was turned, much either. Asher was turned by a doctor when he was dying of Diabetes. Believe it or not Diabetes used to be a death sentence.” She said.

I was unsure of what to say so I kept quiet.

“Well, we need to get back.” She said and started to walk through the thick vegitation.