Chapter Four~~ Trial.

He took his eyes away from mine and snapped his fingers. Within seconds two overly muscular men grabbed me by my arms.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled.

 I tried to fight them but it was no use, they were just as strong as I was...

They threw me into a room and shut and locked the door.

I sat on the floor next to the bed and wondered what I had done wrong this time...

All I had done was ask what I was.

I tried to think about what was different about the new Luna...

One thought crossed my mind, the book I was reading before I got kicked out of the bookstore... It was about a vampire.

I must be crazy to think that I could actually be such a mythical creature...

But the more I thought about it the more it made sense for me to be a vampire...

I got  up from the floor and walked towards the mirror...

My eyes were a bright emerald green. It was a big change from my normal icy blue eyes, but they were beautiful...

I heard someone bang their fist against the door three times, snapping me out of my trance.

"Your trial is in thirty minutes!" A deep voice yelled.

Trial? Why would I go on trial? I never did anything wrong. Well, I did steal food once, but that was only because I was famished. I tried my best to pay for everything.

Occasionally I was forced to beg. I wasn’t proud of it but it had to be done for me to survive.

I tried to think of anything they could be convicting me of and I couldn’t think of anything...

I laid down on the bed and tried to sleep. I didn’t know when I would see a bed again so I decided to take advantage of it. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep...

My eyes sprung open when I heard someone open the door. It was one of the men that threw me in here.

He grabbed my arm and made me walk down a long hallway. At the end of the hallway there was double doors, he opened them and made me go forward. It was a courtroom. There was a long floor length narrow bird cage in the middle of the room. He opened the door and threw me in it.

A man that had long black hair looked at me from head to toe from behind the desk that he was sitting behind.

"You’re strangely content for a newborn." He stated almost disbelievingly.

He looked closer at my eyes and muttered something into Asher's ear. Asher replied and the man nodded.

"Tell me about the night you were bitten..." he said and shifted his weight in his chair.

"I got bitten there’s not much more to it than that." I said.

He quickly moved his eyes to the left side of the courtroom and the muscular man flipped a switch. My body was convulsing. I was being shocked. The pain was horrible but was nothing like the burning sensation.

After I finally stopped convulsing, the man with the long hair leaned towards the desk and  clasped his hands.

"Now, tell me exactly what happened." He said in a stern tone of voice.

I was silent as I stared at him trying to think about what happened... He started to move his eyes again and I knew what was coming. The muscular man’s hand hovered over the switch.

"Wait!" I screamed.

The man with the long hair put his hand up to stop the man.

"I was homeless, and I was in the bookstore and the owner kicked me out. I was walking down the alley..." I continued to explain to them what happened as they stared at me.

When I finished my statement, the long haired man looked at Asher.

"Is she lying?" He asked.

"No, there's no possible way she could be Demetri." He said.

"That will be all." Demetri said and snapped his fingers.

The muscular man came and let me out of the cage.

He put me back in the room and I sat down on the bed.

I really hope I told them everything...