Chapter Eight ~~ The Woods.

As I exited Demetri’s room, I heard footsteps. I turned my head around and saw nothing.

 “Luna…” a woman whispered quietly.

“Who’s there?” I asked.

Suddenly, Ella appeared in front of me, tears running down her cheeks. But they weren’t bloody like mine were when I cried.

 “What’s wrong?” I asked.

 “I have to tell you something.” She said and looked around, frightened.

“I can’t tell you here, it’s not safe.” She said quietly.

 “What do you mean it’s not safe?” I asked worried.

“It’s safe, but I don’t want anyone else to hear me.” She grabbed my hand and started running.

     We ran out of the house and a few miles into the woods. The tree branches slapped against my skin, causing a slight burning sensation. She stopped and turned to face me.

 “If you haven’t already noticed, I’m different.” She said and looked at the ground.

“What do you mean different?” I asked.

“I’m different as in, I’m not fully human, but I’m not fully vampire either.” She said.

“What do you mean? You’re confusing me.” I said.

      “In 1692, that’s when Asher came to the little town that I used to live in. I worked in an apothecary, or what you might now know it as a pharmacy,"

    "My family had owned it for as long as I could remember. We didn’t treat with medicines, we treated and cured people with herbs, elixirs, and tonics. We were witches. But the townspeople knew us as the doctors."

    "One afternoon, I was closing the shop, my mother and father went home early, a man came into the store. He asked me questions, questions that I didn’t feel comfortable answering, I feared that he knew I was a witch. We were all very cautious, because of the Salem witch trails." 

       "He had come into the store everyday for a week. He had been watching me. I was scared, so I politely asked him to leave, he didn’t take it too well. He came closer to me and bared his fangs. I had heard about his kind before so I immediately knew what he was. I cast a spell on him that should have made him experience terrible pain. But he kept coming at me. It wasn’t phasing him at all."

"He grabbed my arms, and bit into my neck. But he didn’t get to finish me off. A man walked into the store, his mouth gaped open and he screamed. The vampire let me fall to the ground,  killed the man, and simply left. Leaving me, the half witch, half human, half vampire.” She sighed and then brought herself to continue.

    “This is where Asher comes in, Asher had seen the whole thing happen from the general store. He came and took me away before my parents would come back to the apothecary looking for me. Asher is the reason I’m alive today. If it hadn’t been for him, my parents would’ve showed me no mercy and killed me."

"The witches and the vampires had been in a huge war. Because witches are supposed to preserve life, and vampires were destroying it.” She said and paused.

    “Asher and I have been together ever since he saved me. We’re what you would call mates. And since vampires are essentially dead, they don’t have to worry about getting pregnant. But me on the other hand-” I cut her off.

“Are you trying to say that you’re pregnant?” I asked smiling.

 She noted that I was smiling and frowned.

“Let me finish.” She said and nodded.

 “Since I am half human, there is about a fifty percent chance of me getting pregnant. And I am.” She said and smiled briefly.

“That’s great! Congratulations.” I said and smiled.

 “Thank you, but again, I’m not finished yet.” She said and put a lock of her hair behind her left ear.

“If I give birth to this baby, I’m going to die.” She started to cry.

She cleared her throat and continued.

 “I’ve already made my decision, and I want you to help me.”