Chapter 13~~ Enchanted.

We walked back towards the car and two things plagued my thoughts.

One, why did Demetri only give himself two days?

Two, why was he jealous of me? It didn't make any sense to me. I glanced at Demetri, who was looking at me.

"What?" I asked and smiled at him.

"Nothing." He answered with a small smirk.

I nodded as I watched my feet trying not to trip over anything and embarrass myself further.

"I have a question, well, more like questions." I blurted out.

"Okay, go ahead." He answered nervously.

"Why does my being able to compel vampires bother you?" I asked. He stopped in his tracks.

"It's a very long story Luna." He answered.

"I've got time." I quickly said.

"Why do you want to know?" He asked.

"I want to know why you're jealous of me. You of all people." I drifted off. I guess I didn't really have a reason, I've always been nosey.

"What's that supposed to mean? I'm not perfect." He said suddenly getting hostile.

"You are to me." I whispered.

He looked slightly taken aback by the words that just came from my mouth, and I wasn't sure if he liked it or if he was uncomfortable.

"Well," he started meekly, all of the hostility gone.

"I was in the family of the originals." He sat on a tree stump that was covered in bright green moss.

"But I wasn’t born into the family like the rest of them were. I was adopted. I was changed by one of the seven brothers, Alin. Inhabiting all of their powers… And then some." He gave me a moment to process everything.

"Every brother had every power known to the vampire race. We were the războinici versiunea originală. But we’re known to most of the vampire race as the Bloods. Our parents were humans. They had been banished from where they had originated from in Romania because they stole from the Royal family. And because they stole from the Royal’s, they were cursed by the black magic witches. Cursed with demon children. Me and my brothers.”

“How did your Mother give birth to all of the vampires? Wouldn’t she die?” I interrupted.

“No, she had already had six boys but when they were cursed they turned into vampires or what they called them, demon children.” He studied my face and figured out that I didn’t know what in the hell he was talking about.

He sighed and continued.

“My mother and father were poor people, and they couldn’t find work, and they had recently heard that the queen had the family jewels at the castle. She knew that if she could get her hands on just one of the jewels, she would be rich. She would never have to worry about her children going hungry again. So, she posed as one of the servants and when the time was right, she took it. She fled the castle and went home and explained to my Father what she had done. He was mad at first… Until he figured out how rich we would be… She had taken the Sapphire, the most valuable jewel. My parent’s kept it in safe keeping for a while until they found the right buyer. But, little did they know their “buyer” was someone from the castle. Now, generally back in those times they would cut off your hand if you stole something. But not in this case, the Royal’s were so angry that they thought that cutting off her hand would be the easy way out. So they held her as a prisoner for a few days. In that time they had a witch who practiced black magic curse our entire family. When she came home a few days later everything was different. She didn’t talk she just kind of stood there with this blank stare…” He paused.