The Cinderella who left her hot pink phone (ch.15)

Magsimula sa umpisa

yeah, mission divert onii-chan's attention accomplished, I thought to myself.

"HEY DON'T CHANGE THE TOPIC!! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL!!"....toink....mission failed..hahaha

"well." I feel uneasy and squinted my face as if I can squeeze out an explanation by doing this.

"well?" he sounded like he was really waiting for my explanation.

"I---I'm.. shy." I stuttered and sunk on the my head.

"SHY!!!!"

"yes shy... shy.. shy....well.. scared and shy."

"shy? Look what is to be shy about? I already know about your obsession about us."

"Excuse me!!!!! That's not it!!! I was just shy because I-I'm a girl and...and I'm not used to calling guys." I was now flicking my fingers.

I can't elaborate more on how much I feel like I want to run away and avoid the question of why I didn't call Jesse. come to think of it.. WHY ON EARTH DID I AVOIDED CALLING HIM?! stupid me.

"Ok...ok...The shy thing I get it now but the SCARED THING!!!" he said.

"Calm down."

"It's not as if I'm going to eat you! I can't possibly eat you! I am countries away from you."

"Ok. ok. I was scared because... because I thought you're not going to answer the phone call or message." I've said it. I was scared that big bro might just ignore me.

"Stupid." he said firmly.

"I will never do that. I'm your onii-chan remember? I said I'll prove to you that men can be good friends. how can I be your big bro if you keep up with that." now i'm feeling guilty, too guilty I can't say anything.

"Little sis." Jesse said with a sound of concern "Are you still there?" he asked again.. "Hello?" he said..

"sorry. sorry onii-chan.. i'm really sorry...." I have to admit. I once again think of Jesse as one of the "stereotype" men I hated and for that I wanted to shoot myself out of embarrassment. i felt so guilty that I wanted to cry...

"hey.. big bro was too hard on you right? Sorry. it's just I missed chatting with you, then I was also worried sick also...sorry" he said.

"you're no longer mad?"

"you're no longer mad?" he returned my question.

"how can I be mad at you?! you're my onii-chan.. I can't be mad at you!" I said and started laughing a little.

"and you're my little sis, how can I be mad at you too." he said.

"So how's the past three months? How's school?"

"Doing great. well being busy.. really busy.. thank God I got the Wednesday free as well as the weekends to keep me sane. How the hell did you guys survive high school?" I said, and right now I opened the little red notebook Jesse gave me, turned to the last page to stare at our little picture. I smiled and felt as if he was just sitting beside me as we talk, it felt nice to have a guy friend after all.

"it aint easy little sis, you're free on Wednesday? like you're always going to be free during that day?" he excitingly said.

Errrr.. I started to get nervous, did I said something right?? cause I feel like I don't trust that devious tone Jesse has. it was the same tone he gave me when he said 'he will not get drunk'. FYI he DID get drunk!

"Yes? Onii-chan I don't trust that tone" I said to him

"Wait. so that means this Wednesday you're fee?"