44: Start of our Search

Start from the beginning

Alice's instructions were clear, but the question remained. Why would she and Jasper leave at the moment we needed them most? What did they know? Shouldn't I have had a vision about this? Maybe they're doing this to help us.

Our search for witnesses began with a trip north to our closest relatives.

Bella and Edward rode in the front seats, Seth, Jacob, Renesmee and I rode in the back. The whole ride to Denali I was thinking how this could go wrong and how nervous I was to finally meet the Volturi.

I mean I know I've said it before that I was confident to meet them but really, I'm just scared of what they'll think or what they'd do to me or worse, to the people I love, just to get to me.

But maybe this plan will work out, and the Volturi will take our witnesses into consideration and just leave us alone. Or maybe it could all end in a lot of us dead....And I can't have that.

Jacob held my hand the whole ride, sensing my stress.

When we arrived, Edward got out of the car first, as our cousins came outside their house.

"Edward, is everything all right? Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" Tanya asked.

"Is it lrina? Have you heard from her?" Carmen questioned.

"Not directly." Edward replied.

"Why is your bride and sister waiting in the car?" Eleazar asked.

"And why have you brought 2 wolves with you? I can smell them from here." Kate spatted.

"My family is in danger. I need your help." Edward pleaded.

"What's happened?" Carmen questioned.

"It's hard to explain but I need you to be open-minded. Can you do that?" Edward asked them.

"Of course." Tanya replied. Edward looked back at us and nodded.

 Edward looked back at us and nodded

"Okay. Time to meet some new people." Bella said, turning around to face us.

"What if they don't like me?" Renesmee asked.

"They'll love you

"They'll love you." Seth commented.

"They will. Once they understand you. Like how they did for me." I reassured her, holding her hand.

"They just haven't met anyone like you before." Jacob added. We all gave her small smiles.

"Okay." Bella said getting out of the car and opening our door.

Once we got out, the Denali coven gasped, all looking at Renesmee.

"The Volturi will come for all of us." Kate whispered to her sister as they clung onto each other.

" Kate whispered to her sister as they clung onto each other

"You get that thing out of here." Tanya warned.

"She's not what she looks like." Edward issued.

"This is a crime!" Tanya yelled, lunging forward, attacking Edward but he pushed her back. Kate immediately went to lunge at us as well, though Edward stopped her but getting electrocuted once he tried to touch her. He began to wither in pain. Bella and I immediately went to help. Kate tried to electrify the both of us too but somehow, it didn't work. We looked at her angrily and pushed her back.

"Stay back!" I yelled at them, holding a hand up as they approached us again. They re positioned themselves straight, staring back at Renesmee.

"She has blood in her veins. You can feel her warmth." Edward informed them as Renesmee and the others looked at us.

"I can feel it." Carmen said. I lowered my hand as they calmed down. Jacob was now behind me, holding my waist.

"I'm her biological father. Bella is her mother." Edward explained.

"lmpossible." Kate commented.

"It's true. She was born while Bella was still human." I stated.

"I've never heard of such a thing." Eleazar replied.

"She can show you, if you let her. Tanya, you owe us this much. We're all under a death sentence because your sister didn't let us explain." Edward reasoned with them. They nodded. We looked back to Seth and Renesmee by the car and signaled them to come.

Seth picked up Renesmee and brought her over. They approached Tanya first, Renesmee raised a hand towards her, Tanya hesitated.

"Don't be afraid. This is how she communicates." Bella informed them and Renesmee placed her hand on Tanya's cheek.

After awhile, Tanya's face softened, amazed, "It's true. She's not immortal." She told her family.

(Picture Seth holding Renesmee

(Picture Seth holding Renesmee.)