Ch 14: The Red Head

Jacob's POV (I know, he's finally having a POV)

As much as I didn't want to leave Avalei behind, she wants me to talk with Bella. And I guess I do need to explain things.

But I also want to talk with Avalei...about us. If it weren't for Sam's order and for her request, I'd have Avalei...but I also need to figure what my feelings are.

I mean I used to think that Bella's the one for me, but ever since I found out I didn't imprint on her, I still felt a pull towards her...maybe it was leading me to Avalei...

It was funny how we met though. Before we locked eyes, I used to despise all the Cullens thanks to that leech loving Edward and from the stories my dad told me about them. Then when the pack told me about Avalei, I did feel a warm cozy feeling within me but I ignored it at the time, knowing she was still a Cullen. But back to when we first met, I think she was trying to defend Bella, but then obviously, we both got distracted.

I knew though, when I met Avalei, things were going to be different from now on.

But my feelings again! Of course I love Avalei but I've had this thing for Bella for awhile now and I catch myself falling for whatever she makes me feel sometimes. And then Avalei pops into my head and I really don't know what to feel at that point. But Avalei is my imprint, and she imprinted on me as well so we're bound to end up together...right?

I should just be friends with Bella...or...

Ughhhhhhh why are we such in a complicated world?!

Okay back to Bella.

She walked a few steps before me

She walked a few steps before me. We ended up at First Beach. I finally matched steps with her, "So you're a werewolf?"

I huffed a chuckled a bit, "Yeah, last time I checked. A few lucky members of the tribe have the gene. A bloodsucker comes into town, the fever kicks in."

"Mono." Bella retorted.

I chuckled, "Yeah, I wish."

"Well can't you find a way where you could just...stop? I mean its wrong" Bella questioned. That got me a little annoyed.

I stopped in front of her, "Its not a lifestyle choice Bella. I was born this way, I cant help it. You're such a hypocrite. What I'm not the right kind of monster for you?" Wait, why'd I say that?! She's already got a monster...but he did leave her...so she's available...but Avalei....

"It's not what you are. It's what you do. They've never hurt anybody. You''ve-you've killed people Jake." Is she serious?

"Bella, we're not killing anyone."

She had a confused expression, "Then who is?"

"What we're trying to protect you people from. The only thing we do kill...Vampires."