Ch 5: Hybrid

Few days later...

3rd person POV

"What do you mean she's not fully a vampire?" Rosalie asked frantically.

The Cullens were back at their house, Bella and Avalei made it out of the James situation safely. Bella got out with a scar and a broken leg. Their excuse was that she fell down a flight of stairs at the hotel. Avalei's excuse is that she got into a car accident.

Bella and Edward were out tonight at their prom. The rest of them were still waiting on Avalei to wake up from her transformation. But that is where things get complicated.

"It means that she is not only a vampire, but a werewolf." Carlisle said while looking over books and papers.

"She's a hybrid?" Jasper asked. They all surrounded Avalei as she laid there.

"I should've spotted it from the start. She has Native American blood in her system, though not much anymore since she's part vampire. She was probably a part of a generation filled with wolves, she was just too young to know about it. She's Quileute." Carlisle explained.

"You mean she has the La Push's genes? I thought only boys phase." Alice added in.

"That is what makes her even more special." Esme answered.

"What does this mean for us?" Rosalie questioned.

"It means we have a lot of explaining to do when Avalei wakes up." Carlisle stated.

*A few hours later*

Avalei's POV

I woke up to the sound of my family's voices, though, I can sense that they weren't around me, I could tell they were in separate rooms. I looked up to see that my vision is very precise and clear. I could easily smell the forest vegetation and my family's sweet scent.

I got up to see more of my surroundings. I looked down at my skin, I've gotten a bit pale but still had my tan color. I felt extremely different.

Am I a vampire? Why do I still hear a heartbeat?

"Mom? Dad?" I said out loud, knowing my family would hear me, and I was right. A few seconds later everyone came into the living room.

They were a little hesitant at first and I looked at them confused.

Her eyes.

She's even more beautiful.

"Avalei, are you feeling any different?" Dad asked while checking me over.

I looked at them a little scared, "Yeah my senses are really heightened. Is Bella okay?"

Even after sacrificing herself, she still thinks of others.

Maybe Carlisle's wrong. Maybe she isn't what he says she is.

"What do you mean?" I turned to Rose. She looked at me surprised.

"I didn't say anything." She answered looking around at the others.

"Yeah you did, you said that Dad was wrong and that I might not be whatever he thought I am. What do you mean by that?" I asked confused.

Did she read my mind?

Whoa, she has Edward's gift.

She's gifted.

"I can hear your thoughts. What's wrong with me?" I questioned. Alice came over to comfort me, but as soon as she touched me I saw something.

"See? You're dancing" Edward said.

"At prom" Bella finished as they danced slowly.

"Edward, why did you save me? Why didn't you save Avalei instead? If you'd let the venom spread, I could've been like you by now."

"You don't know what you're saying. You don't want this." He looked at her sternly.

"I want you. Always."

"I won't end your life for you. Everyone has a choice, and Avalei chose her life over yours. Just like me, she'd die for someone she cares about than to let them die instead."

I gasped and blinked a few times, looking around at my family again. "I don't know how, but I just had a vision about Edward and Bella at prom."

Whoa, she has Alice's gift now.

She truly is special.

"Let me test something. Jasper, try to make Avalei scared." Dad suggested.

Jasper looked at me and I felt the fear approaching me but then something tingled inside me and I felt everyone's emotions.

"Interesting. Avalei, you have the gift of being a copier. If someone uses their gift on you or you come in contact with them, maybe even just a look in their eyes you get their gift. A rare one indeed." Dad commented.

"Okay, but tell me one thing, and I need the truth" I narrowed my eyes at my family, almost catching them in a trance, " What exactly am I? Because I I'm 100% sure that I can still hear my heartbeat."

"You're a hybrid." Rosalie stated.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're not only a vampire, but a werewolf and human." Dad explained.

"How is this possible?"

"You are Quileute. Its been rare that when one of your kind gets bitten before phasing, they can become a hybrid. Though, you have a special case." Dad stated.

"So you're telling me that I'll phase into a wolf in the future?" I questioned.

Great, we're going to have to let the mutt tribe know.

"Hey!" I turned to Rose, "Its not nice to call them that, I am going to be one, I mean I think I am and besides I'm a vampire too you know." I turned towards the rest of my family, "I guess that's why when I was younger every time I'd go into La Push I felt somewhat comfortable there."

"Okay having Edward read our minds is one thing, now we have another." Emmett remarked.

"Hey I'm new to this. I'll learn to control it." I said confidently.

"So...how's your appetite?" Jasper asked, that made everyone look at me seriously.

"I mean I can go for something but I still crave for human food." I admitted.

"Good, you have both diets. We should take you out to hunt just to learn though." Dad offered. I nodded my head and noticed the mirror from afar. I tried to walk at normal speed but I guess I have to get used to my new enhanced abilities.

Once I was at the mirror, I looked into it. What I saw amazed me.

My hair was much darker and fuller, my skin has paled a bit, but what really caught my attention were my eyes.

"Are my eyes supposed to be this color? I thought newborns were supposed to have red eyes. My eyes match all of yours."

"You are a hybrid after all." Esme stated.

I suddenly felt this weird sensation in my fingertips and when I brushed them slightly, fire ignited. That made all of us jump back a bit.

"Uhhhhh is this supposed to happen?" I said as I distanced my hand away from my face and my family.

"Whoa, that must be a part of your original power." Alice assumed.

"So you're saying that I have the power to conjure fire?"

"Maybe even more. All we know is that you have a lot of power in you. We're going to have to help you discover them and control it." Dad finished.