vii. laura hale

SABRINA GETS INTO her car and puts Stiles on the phone

SABRINA GETS INTO her car and puts Stiles on the phone. "I can't find anything about wolfsbane being used for burials." She tells him starting the engine of her car and setting her phone down.

"Maybe it's like a ritual or something like they bury you as a wolf or maybe it's like a special skill, you know? Like something you have to learn." Stiles theorizes.

"I'll put it on my to-do list, right underneath figuring out how the hell I'm playing this game tonight." Sabrina hears Scott say through the phone.

"You know just, because your a werewolf doesn't mean you can't have a normal life." Stiles tries to calm him down.

"Okay!" Scott snaps, his breathing heavy. "Stop it! Stop saying werewolf! Stop enjoying this so much!"

"Are you okay?" Sabrina questions, her eyebrows furrowing at Scott's tone.

"I can't breathe!" Scott growls, breathing in quickly and uncontrollably. Sabrina doesn't know what's wrong with him. Was he wolfing out? It wasn't a full moon so what was the problem? Then it hit her.

"Stiles you idiot, you didn't keep the wolfsbane did you?" Sabrina exclaims, worry evident in her voice.

"Pull over!" Sabrina hears Scott yell.

"Stiles, Stiles what's going on?" Sabrina raises her voice, trying to get Stiles to answer her.

"I-he's-he's gone." Stiles mumbles.

"What Stiles who's gone?" Sabrina questions.

"Scott he's gone." Stiles states.

"Stiles." Sabrina groans "Where are you?" How did Stiles manage to lose Scott? "We can go look for him."

-

After looking for a straight two hours Stiles and Sabrina gave up, they couldn't find him. Sabrina's sure he just went to Allison's or something. At least that's what she was hoping. Obviously werewolves weren't cuddly creatures, and she didn't want to think that Scott could hurt anyone.

Stiles and Sabrina were on their way to the lacrosse field for the game. The field was packed, parents and students coming in from both teams. Sabrina pushed past people, sitting down on the bleachers next to Stiles. She looked up and noticed Scott was on the field, she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Then she winced, the game had started and Jackson had rammed into Scott, effectively knocking him to the ground.

Sabrina looked around at the parents and students and saw Lydia and Allison holding up a sign for Jackson. That's not good. Scott's gonna be mad.

Everyone started cheering and that seemed to kick Scott into gear. Sabrina watched as Scott jumped over a player, catching the ball and landing on his feet. 'Unbelievable', she thought. But as everyone else did she stood up and cheered. "Pass to McCall! Pass to McCall!" Sabrina hears Coach yell.

Sabrina watches as Scott growls at a boy, intimidating him into passing him the ball. Coach pauses, looking at Stiles and Sabrina. "Did the opposing team just pass us the ball?"

"Yes Coach, I believe they did." Stiles replies.

Sabrina watches as he throws the ball in the goal, speeding down the field. Stiles and Sabrina share a panicked look causing them to both shot up. Stiles and Sabrina run to the locker room, as they go to turn the corner they see Scott and Allison making out, Sabrina immediately pulls Stiles back and giggles quietly.

"Sabrina, Stiles." Allison nods politely at the two teenagers before leaving. They step out from behind the lockers, and walk towards Scott who looked like he was on cloud nine.

"I kissed her." Scott tells them, grinning from ear to ear.

"We saw." Stiles nods.

"She kissed me." Scott continues.

"Saw that too." Stiles tells him.

"Guys, I-I-I don't know how, but I controlled it. I pulled back, maybe I can do this." Scott exclaims, seeming the happiest he'd been since becoming a werewolf. Stiles gives Scott a look, a bad look.

"What?" Sabrina questions, glancing between the boys.

"The, uh, the medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found and well, let's keep it simple. Medical examiner determines killer of the girl to be animal, not human." Stiles explains.

"What are you saying?" Sabrina drawls.

"Derek's human, not animal. Which means Derek is not the killer. Which equals to Derek being let out of jail." Stiles finishes.

Scott shakes his head, frowning. "Are you kidding?"

"No, and here's the even bigger kick in the ass." Stiles adds, then stops, sighing. "My dad ID'd the dead girl, both halves, and it turns out it was a girl name Laura Hale."

"Hale?" Scott clarifies.

"Yeah, Derek's sister." Stiles states.