xxvi. everyone wants power

SITTING OUTSIDE THE principal's office, Sabrina tried to appear busy with a magazine as she did her best to listen into what Jackson and Sheriff Stilinski were saying

       SITTING OUTSIDE THE principal's office, Sabrina tried to appear busy with a magazine as she did her best to listen into what Jackson and Sheriff Stilinski were saying. After the practice, they'd locked Issac in the back of the police car with an officer to guard him while the Sheriff interviewed Jackson. Since he lived across the street from Isaac, he was a prime witness to the whole case.

"We were wondering where you went." Sabrina heard someone exclaim, she quickly looked up to see Stiles and Scott sitting down next to her. Time seemed to go quickly as the Sheriff and Jackson walked out of the office in what felt like no time. Stiles being Stiles grabbed the magazine from Sabrina's hands and covered his face with it as though that would completely conceal his identity. Sabrina rolled her eyes looking away from Stiles and to the Sheriff. "Hi, Sheriff Stilinski."

He sent her a questioning look probably wondering why she was there, before he turned to Scott and Stiles. "Hey, Sabrina, Scott." He made a point to not acknowledge Stiles as he walked away.

With the police gone, the principal came out of the office, inviting Scott and Stiles in. Sabrina froze as her eyes came in contact with Allison's grandfather, Gerard. Allison had told her that he got this job, for who knows what reason.

After they had walked in, they were in there for only a couple minutes before Scott ran out. Not wanting to go back to class Sabrina followed him outside, finding him right as the car drove away. He had a disappointed look on his face as Sabrina put her hand on his shoulder. "Scott, there's nothing you can do." He nodded before turning to head back into the school when a black Camaro pulled up. Derek rolled down the window, with his sunglasses on as he ordered. "Get in."

"Are you serious? You did that." Scott exclaims, pointing in the direction the car had just gone by. "That's your fault."

Derek sighs. "I know that. Now get in the car and help me."

"No." Scott shakes his head. "I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer, because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up."

"A lawyer won't matter when they do a real search of the house." Derek tells them, "Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in that house is worse. A lot worse."

Sensing that Derek had won the argument, Sabrina walked over to the car hopping into the front seat, as Scott got in the backseat. By the look on Derek's face she could tell he didn't want her to go, but she thinks he was too scared to say anything because he knew he bit someone when she told him not to and he didn't want to push his luck.

Once they were all in, he started the car, speeding away from the school. Sabrina couldn't help her self as she blurts out. "I can't believe you, I knew you were dodging the question."

Derek smirks, "At least I didn't lie, right?"

"No it's not 'right', I told you not to bite anyone else and you did anyway." Sabrina exclaims. Derek only turned to her and rolled his eyes. He was such an ass. Finally she noticed Isaac's house coming into view, they got out and walked into the house. After a moment of silence Sabrina spoke. "If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?"

"I don't know yet." Derek admits.

They moved further into the house as Scott frowns, "Then how do you know he's telling the truth?"

"Because I trust my senses and it's a combination of them." Derek explains smirking, as Scott paused, probably wondering if he was referring to earlier on the lacrosse drill when Scott had sniffed almost every player on the team in an attempt to find the werewolf.

"You saw the lacrosse thing today." Scott grimaces. Derek nods in response. "Did it look that bad?"

"It looked pretty bad." Sabrina says not even turning to look at them as she looks over the bookshelf the Lahey's have in there living room. Derek seemed to know where he was going as he led them to a room, opening the door to reveal stairs leading down to a creepy basement. As they walked down the stairs Sabrina got some bad vibes.

"What's down here?" Scott asks as he shines his flashlight around.

"Motive." Derek states.

"What am I looking for?" Scott asks as they got to the bottom, looking around the room.

"Follow your senses." Derek tells him, "Something happened down here. The kind of thing that leaves an impression."

They stopped as Scott found something. A freezer? Sabrina slowly walked over to the freezer and lifted the lid. As she looked down into the freezer she let out a gasp. "Oh my god."

"What is it?" Scott asks as he came to look into it. On the inside of the freezer were finger nail marks.

Sabrina turned and looked towards Scott realizing what had happened to Isaac. "Scott, we have to help him." She says.

Scott frowns at Derek. "This is why he said yes to you."

"Everyone wants power." Derek replies.

"If we help you, then you have to stop." Scott tells Derek. "You can't just go around turning people into werewolves."

"I can if there willing." Derek says crossing his arms.

"Did you tell Isaac about the Argents? About being hunted?" Scott demands.

"Yes and he still asked." Derek smirks. Sabrina listened as Scott and Derek began to argue as her phone started to vibrate, she picked it up reading a message from Stiles.

Just talked to Allison and a hunter is on his way to kill Isaac, get here quick.

Great, Sabrina thought.