xix. blondie

WHY WAS IT that Sabrina was always getting dragged into ridiculous plans at night? After finding out it was Melissa's computer the message had come from, they'd headed straight to the hospital, because apparently waiting until it was mornin...

       WHY WAS IT that Sabrina was always getting dragged into ridiculous plans at night? After finding out it was Melissa's computer the message had come from, they'd headed straight to the hospital, because apparently waiting until it was morning and busy with people and safer was not a good enough idea for them. Danny had been upset about not finishing the project, but hadn't complained because he needed to get ready for the game. Stile's first game, which he still wasn't ready for.

Sabrina had sat in the back, not issuing a complaint unlike usually because she was definitely avoiding Derek as much as possible. If Stiles hadn't called them, she didn't know what would have happened.

Sabrina dismissed her thoughts as Stiles picked up a call from Scott, placing him on speaker phone. "Did you get the picture?" Scott asks, the sound of a crowd in the background. He was already at the lacrosse field getting ready for the game that Stiles was going to miss if we didn't hurry up. He finally managed to get the necklace and had sent a picture of it to us, to see if we could match it with the picture that Laura Hale had, had before she was killed.

"Yeah, we did and it looks just like the drawing." Stiles replies.

Curious, Sabrina sat up, grabbing Stiles hand and pulling the phone to her mouth. "Is there something on the back of it?"

Sabrina never got to finish asking her questions as Derek also took Stiles hand, pulling it more forcefully towards him and speaking frantically. "She's right, there's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something."

"No, no." Scott denied. "The thing's flat and no, it doesn't open." He sounded frustrated as he continued. "There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you guys? Stiles is supposed to be here. He's first line. Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start."

"I know." Stiles huffs, "Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him, tell him I'll be there, okay? All right, thanks." With that he hung up, leaving the car in silence.

Sabrina looks at Stiles before saying, "Stiles, were not gonna make it."

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either." Derek pointed out.

"Not till we find out the truth." Stiles explains.

Derek nodded, then said, "Oh, by the way, one more thing." He grabbed the back of Stile's head, ramming him painfully into the steering wheel.

Sabrina flinched. "Oh my god, Derek."

Stiles groaned in pain, clutching his head while Derek growled. "You know what the was for." He was referring to earlier that night when Stiles had pretty much sexualized Derek in order to get Danny to do what he wanted. "Now go."

Stiles opened the door to leave, but was stopped as Sabrina grabbed his arm. "Wait." He paused, looking at her questioning. "I'll go."

"No." Derek snaps. Sabrina looked at him in surprise.

"Yes." She argued, "Melissa loves me and I also don't take orders from you."

"No, you're not going, Stiles is." Derek refuses.

Sabrina rolled her eyes, climbing through the seats and over Stiles till she was outside. It wasn't an easy task, but she had done it. Smoothing out her clothes, "See you inside." Sabrina says winking towards Derek. As she walked up to the hospital doors her phone rings. "What?" Sabrina questions into the phone.

"Be careful." Derek tells her, sounding surprisingly concerned.

Sabrina smiled before replying, "I will."

"Okay, look for Jennifer." Derek suggests as she noticed Peter Hale's room number. Sabrina entered surprised to find him missing and the room looking as though no one had ever been there. "She's been looking after my uncle."

"He's not here." Sabrina breathes, panic seeping through her. Why wasn't he here? "He's gone, Derek." She continues, stepping out of the room. There was a silence on the other end for a moment as she reached the hallway.

"Sabrina, get out of there right now!" Derek shouted through the phone. "He's the Alpha, it's him, get out of there!"

Sabrina turned, eyes coming in contact with who she assumed was Peter Hale. He was leaning against the corner of the door, a sinister smirk covering his face. One half of his face was completely burnt, making him appear even more like something from a horror movie. The hand that held her phone fell to her side as she took a step back. Peters eyes appraised her, smirking as he spoke, "You must be Sabrina."

Instincts kicking in, Sabrina turned, about to run out of the hospital when she ran into his nurse. The nurse had a creepy look on her face as she came towards Sabrina, obviously in cahoots with Peter. Eyes wide, Sabrina took a step back, halting when she realized all that was doing was putting her closer to Peter, which she really didn't want to be.

"I'm just gonna go." Sabrina says slowly trying to walk past the nurse, when she grabbed her.

"Well that's rude, you don't want to spend time with my nurse." Sabrina started fighting, trying to get out of her grip when she heard a voice come from behind her.

"She a psychotic bitch helping you kill people." Derek growls, coming to stand in front of Sabrina. She watched him with wide eyes as he faced off Peter. "Get out of here." He tells her.

"But-" She began to argue, but Derek cut her off.

"Go." Derek ordered, prompting Sabrina to move. She ran down the hallway getting ready to turn the corner when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into them.

"What the hell Stiles?"

"We have to get out of here." Stiles tells her ignoring her question.

"But Derek-"

"-Said to go, so let's go. He'll be okay, he's a big boy." Sabrina couldn't argue with that, letting Stiles drag her out of the hospital. It felt wrong leaving Derek. They sat down in the car when she felt her phone vibrate. "Your dad has been calling me, he's probably worried about you Stiles."

"Why are you telling me that?" Stiles asks.

"Maybe it's because it's your dad and not mine, what do you want me to say?" Sabrina questions.

"Nothing, don't pick up. We're almost there anyway.

"Fine, but if he asks why I didn't pick up I'm blaming you." Sabrina sighs.