xiii. things will work out

"WHY DO I hang out with you?" Sabrina asks Stiles

"Because were best friends, that's why." Stiles replies.

"No we're not Stiles." Sabrina states shaking her head slightly. The blonde leans forward when she notices Stiles freeze. "What are you looking at?" She looks over at the papers Stiles was reading, she noticed the name Hale and her curiosity grew.

"Files." Stiles mutters.

"Clearly." Sabrina exclaims sarcastically.

"It's just some stuff about Peter Hale." Stiles explains.

"Who's Peter Hale?" Sabrina questions.

"Derek's uncle, he survived the fire that night as well." Stiles tells her.

"He did? Why haven't we ever heard of him?" Sabrina asks, eyeing Stiles.

"He's been an a coma since that night." Stiles replies casually.

"A coma?" Sabrina frowns, still full of questions.

"Yes, a coma, meaning that he's in a prolonged state of deep unconsciousness-" Stiles begins sarcastically.

"I know what a coma is you idiot." Sabrina snaps.

"Hey don't be so mean to me." Stiles whines. A couple seconds later his phone begins to ring.

"Hello- yeah dad what's going on?" Stiles cuts himself off. Sabrina looks up in concern, trying to listen to Stiles conversation. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"What's going on?" Sabrina questions now extremely concerned. Stiles holds up his hand, telling her to wait.

"How did it happen? How badly are you hurt? Are you sure that's all?" Stiles continues to fire questions away. Finally Stiles nods. "Ok we'll see you there."

"What's going on?" Sabrina exclaims, her eyebrows furrowing in concern and confusion.

"My dad got hit by a car." Stiles mumbles, still staring at his phone before turning to look at her.

"What? Oh, my god. Is he okay?" Sabrina questions.

"Yeah, he's fine we just have to go pick him up." Stiles explains.

"Ok, lets go." Sabrina nods.

-

After they picked up Stiles dad, he had told them what had happened and how he tried to shoot a mountain lion, but apparently Allison's father had killed it. Scott had been there as well with Allison, Sabrina had talked to him, but Stiles was mad at him for missing the whole day.