xxviii. bittersweet

"SABRINA, STOP COMPLAINING

"SABRINA, STOP COMPLAINING." Stiles begins.

"No. I'm not going to stop complaining." Sabrina snaps. "I'm going to continue to complain until Coach realizes just how annoying my complaining is and decides not to make me do it because I complain so much."

"Sabrina." Stiles states.

Sabrina glares over at Stiles. For a good twenty minutes, Stiles and her had been arguing. A rock climbing wall was positioned in the middle of the gym, taunting Sabrina. She was athletic, but this rock climbing wall was going to kick her ass.

"Martin, Stilinski, you two are up." Coach voice boomed throughout the gym.

"I'm gonna beat you." Sabrina says turning to Stiles.

"Yeah right." Stiles scoffs rolling his eyes. After putting the harness on they started up the rock wall, immediately Sabrina's hands started shaking, but she refused to let Stiles win. She could hear cheers coming from the class, mostly coming from Scott, Allison, and Lydia.

"Come on, Sabrina, you're almost there." The blonde hears Allison yell. Sabrina looked up to see that Allison was right, using all her strength she pulled herself up as fast as she could, beating Stiles in the process. Once she was at the top she immediately suspended down.

"Ha, take that Stilinski." Sabrina exclaims, laughing.

"Whatever, I let you win." Stiles replies.

"Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night." Sabrina comments, smiling as Stiles rolls his eyes.

"Daehler, Erica, your next." Sabrina hears Coach yell out. Once they were on the wall she noticed Erica, who had yet to move. She was stuck in the middle of the wall, shaking terribly. When cries were heard everyone seemed to quiet down.

"Erica! You dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

Lydia turned to look at Coach and rolled her eyes. "Vertigo is a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear." Glancing up at Sabrina, Lydia shrugs. "She's just freaking out."

"Hey, Erica, are you okay?" Sabrina calls out, moving her body so she could look at her face. Sabrina really wished she could help her. She may not know anything apart from her name, but Erica was scared, and so was Sabrina a couple minutes ago, and if she would have started freaking out she would hope someone would have helped her.

"Coach, maybe it's not safe for her to be up there. You know she's epileptic." Allison says, causing Coach to look at her like she has three heads.

"What? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things? Uh, Erica, you're fine! Just, just kick off from the wall. There's, uh, there's a mat to catch you!" Coach explains. At first Erica hesitated before she pushed off the wall, quickly fumbling with her harness once she was on the ground. Sabrina could only watch as the girl pushed herself through the crowd, disappearing from the scene, once she was out of sight people started to snicker, Sabrina felt so bad for her. After class was over Sabrina walked out, she looked desperately trying to find Erica. The girl had disappeared and Sabrina couldn't find her, so she changed out of her gym uniform and walked over to Lydia and Allison.

"Hey you ok?" Allison asks.

"Yeah I'm fine I just wish I could find Erica."

The girls went to say something, when there was a sound from outside of the locker room. Quickly sharing a look with the girls, they all ran out to see that Erica was lying in Scott's arms. "Put her on her side, Scott. Now!"

Scott did as told, and Erica was placed on her side, clawing at his arms for any sort of comfort.

Allison moved next to Scott. "How did you know?"

"I just felt it." Scott admits, keeping his eyes on Erica as they waited for the ambulance.

-

"I didn't know you knew Boyd?" Sabrina says as Stiles sits down next to Scott and her.

"Yeah, we're lab partners." Stiles replies.

"What did you ask him for?"

"Keys."

"Keys for what?" Sabrina questions.

"Well your sister and I are going on a double date with Scott and Allison at the ice skating rink and Boyd works there so he gave me the keys."

Sabrina looks at him skeptically slightly smiling. "You and my sister are going on a date?" She asks. "Did you hit your head on something today?"

"No." Stiles snaps offended that Sabrina thought he was delusional. "And as a matter of fact we are."

"And does Lydia know about this date." Sabrina continues to question.

"Not particularly." Stiles exclaims.

"There it is." Sabrina says pointing at him. She laughs before speaking. "You have fun with that."

"Whatever." Stiles say rolling his eyes. Sabrina giggled going to speak when the sound of heels clacking on the tile floor caught our attention. All heads turned when they saw Erica stride in, looking like a completely different person. The girl, Erica, bent down next to a random freshman, grabbing the apple that he had laying on his tray, biting into it.

"What the holy hell is that?" Sabrina says at the same time as Lydia, looking up she sees her with both of her hands laying flat against on their table. Scott, Stiles, and Sabrina all jumped up and ran after Erica as she walked out of the lunchroom. They crashed through the front doors, opening them up to see that Erica was getting into an all to familiar Camaro.

Sabrina clenched her jaw, now she was jealous.

-

Sabrina laid upside down on Allison's bed. She was listening as Lydia spoke about all of the clothes she was going to get for junior year. Apparently, they were all going to come back new people with new personalities. Allison was already talking about cutting her hair, Lydia said she was going to start wearing her hair straight more often, and Sabrina kept quiet not sure what she was going to do.

"I think you should get your hair lighter." Lydia exclaims from her position on Allison's chair.

"I think you're insane." Sabrina replies. "And what exactly is lighter my hair is already blonde." Lydia was about to reply when there was a knock at Allison's bedroom door, her father walking in with a small smile on his face.

"You headed out?" He asks.

"We're just studying." Allison lies, giving a small smile. Her dad nudged his head back, silently asking her to come over. As the two conversed, Sabrina stared in amusement at her sister, watching as she took pictures on her phone, not having a care in the world.

-

Sabrina had gone home after Allison had done some crazy flip out her window, she told them that her dad had told her that she couldn't go out because of the town curfew. Sabrina was currently laying on hey bed while she texted Lydia. 'Having fun yet?' She asked pressing send on the message.

'So much.' Lydia replies, causing Sabrina to laugh, even through the phone she could imagine Lydia and Stiles trying to hold a real conversation. Sabrina smiles lightly before setting her phone down, and going to sleep.