xxxviii. poisonous flower

TO SAY THEIR plans never worked was an understatement

       TO SAY THEIR plans never worked was an understatement. Sabrina couldn't help, but sigh as she stared at Scott's unconscious body, her mind racing. Apparently Allison's mom had tried to kill Scott and Derek had managed to save him, but not before he was hurt considerably. They had lost Jackson and he had managed to kill someone, and of course the person controlling him had gotten away. Stiles had been seen by his father, who had sent him home which left Sabrina with Scott and Derek, taking a car ride to Deaton's.

Sabrina was sitting on a bench in the vet when Derek came and sat next to her, she turned to him. "Thank you for saving Scott. And thank you for not dying."

Derek laughs slightly. "Trying not to get killed isn't as easy as you would think... and you don't have to thank me." Sabrina nods as they sat in silence, but the silence was soon broken by a groaning sound as Scott sat up on the table. Grimacing, he raised his eyebrows at them. "Guys? What's going on?"

"We were just waiting for you to wake up." Sabrina explains as Deaton walked into the room, checking on Scott and whether or not he was okay. It was only after that they started discussing werewolf business, and Jackson getting away and what they were going to do about it.

"We need a new plan." Derek states, "Because next time, one of us is going to be to hurt to heal."

"I get it." Scott groans, "We can't save Jackson."

Sabrina's eyes widen as she hears what Scott says. "We can't seem to kill him either." Derek sighs, "I've seen a lot of things, but I've never seen anything like this. Every new moons just gonna make him stronger."

"But how do we stop him?" Scott asks.

"I don't know." Derek frowns in honesty. "I don't even know if we can stop him."

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it." Scott shrugs.

"I'm the one who turned him, it's my fault." Derek shakes his head.

Sabrina frowns, cutting in. "Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this, Derek." She put her hand on his arm. "This happened because of his history, his past, not because of you."

"That's a legend in a book." Derek replies, "It's not that simple."

"What do you mean?" Scott jumps in. He stood up from the table he was sitting on, crossing his arms. "What aren't you telling us?"

Derek looks at Scott. "Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?"

"Because you are keeping stuff from us." Scott replies.

Derek clenches his jaw and releases a breath of frustration. "Well maybe I do it to protect you guys."

"Doesn't being a part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott asks.

Derek only blinked, crossing his arms over his chest. "Go home, Scott. Sleep. Heal. Make sure everyone else is safe cause the full moons coming and with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."