Ch 34: A Bittersweet Feeling

Start from the beginning

They are still the same. Obnoxious...Well Mike and Jessica are. Angela and Eric are the ones that don't annoy me.

I shook my head at her comment and looked around the place again. I saw Edward waiting at the alter. I went to him.

"Hey Ed, you ready to get hitched?" I elbowed him smirking.

He too smiled while giving out a laugh, "Yes, I've never been more sure of anything else in my life. And I'm glad that you're here to witness it. Thank you, for coming back Avalei."

"Pshhh I wouldn't miss my favorite brother's and one of my best friend's wedding. Shhh don't tell Emmett I said that." I lightly grazed his arm, but stopped to hold his hand, "But really, I'm glad you have each other." I smiled at him, he returned it and hugged me.

When we pulled away, his face got a little serious, "Avalei, look about Jacob-" But I interrupted him.

"No, stop. None of that talk today. Today is about you and Bella, not me." I quickly said to him. He looked at me with stern eyes then nodded.

"But Avalei, I just want you to be happy again and I just think you should-." Edward issued but I stopped him again.

"I know you do but really, I'm fine." I said sternly but lying.

"Now, in a couple more minutes, you'll be a married man." I smiled at him, patting his arm a bit and walked away.

That's when I spotted Seth, Sue and Billy.

I made my way over to them but they didn't notice me because they weren't facing me. I decided to sneak up on Seth.

"Seth!" I lightly yelled and jumped on his back, hugging him, making sure my dress didn't ride up. He was startled at first but when he realized it was me, he smiled widely.

"Avalei! You're back! You're finally back! Wait, when did you get back?" Seth said, putting me down and facing me. Billy and Sue looked at us smiling and a little shocked that I was back too.

I laughed a bit, "Just about an hour ago. I was inside earlier helping Bella and the other girls. Hey Billy, hey Sue." I then hugged them both. I could tell that Billy was a little down knowing that even though I'm back, his son wasn't.

"Why didn't you tell us you were coming back?" Seth questioned.

"I actually wasn't quite sure if I wanted to come back so soon because well, you know." I looked down a bit, then back at them, "But, I'm glad I did."

"Avalei, have you heard any news from him?" Billy suddenly asked. I looked down at him a little taken aback at his question but then gave him a apologetic look.

What do I tell them? Yeah he's okay, he's somewhere in Canada. I mean it's not much but is something...right?

"I-" I started but was interrupted by Alice announcing that the wedding is about to start so everyone should get to their seats. She also came to me to guide me back to the house to get ready to walk down the aisle as bridesmaids. Before she took me away though, I smiled slightly at Billy, Sue and Seth saying I'd hopefully get to talk to them later.

Once we were all back at the house, we were getting in formation. I was the last one as I was sort of the flower girl/bridemaid but it was cool, at least I was next to Bella, who was a nervous wreck.

I turned around to face her, "Bella, your heart rate is racing and your nerves are starting to get to me too. Calm down." I said while using my mood power to calm her a bit.

She nodded and took deep breathes in. "Remember, this is your day. Don't stress too much about it. All you have to do is say whatever the pastor says, say I Do, and kiss Edward. Nothing too difficult." I smiled at her reassuringly. She nodded her head then Charlie came over to her side. I turned back around.