Ch 16: Que Quowle

Start from the beginning

I laughed a bit, taking Jacob's jacket off, since I was warm enough now, "Um, that's probably more of me than of Bella...Its Jacob."

"Jacob who?" Alice questioned looking at me. She probably has forgotten about me telling her about imprinting on him.

"Jacob's kind of uh- a werewolf." Bella explained.

That made Alice scoff, I tried hard not to let what she said next phase me, "You guys, werewolves are not good company to keep." Alice issued. I was about to remind her that I was part wolf but I suddenly felt the warm feeling I get whenever Jacob's around. And I was right.

"Speak for yourself." He said walking into the living room. Alice stood up, Bella and I looked at him, wondering why he came back.

He locked eyes with me, his eyes softened, "I had to make sure that you were safe."

I thought you could trust me.

I do, its just that I had to make sure it wasn't some other vampire.

"I thought you couldn't protect us here?" Bella asked.

"Guess I don't care." He answered, never leaving his eyes off me. I gave him an appreciative smile.

"Well I'm not going to hurt them." Alice chimed in.

Jacob then glared at Alice, "No, you're just a harmless Cullen. I'm talking about the other bloodsucker who tried to kill Bella and Avalei because of you."

"Victoria?" Alice looked at Bella and I. I stood up too to stand next to her.

"Yeah, Victoria's been around." Bella informed her. Yeah no kidding.

"I didn't see her. I didn't see you both get pulled out of the water either. I can't see passed you and your pack of mutts." Alice insulted, glaring back at Jacob.

I immediately pulled her back, and got in between them, "Don't get me upset. Things are about to get very ugly" Jacob threatened back. He really does hate my family.

I pushed him back as Bella held Alice back as well. "Hey stop stop." I started. I then glanced back at Alice.

Could you take Bella outside. I need to talk to him. Please Alice.

She glanced back between Jacob and I, "We'll give you a minute." She then grabbed Bella's arm and guided her out the house. I gave Bella a reassuring look, telling her I'll talk to him.

Before they got out though, I called after them, "Hey, you're not going anywhere, right? You're going to come back

Before they got out though, I called after them, "Hey, you're not going anywhere, right? You're going to come back."

Alice nodded, "As soon as you put the dog out." I gave her a 'Really?' look, then they both went outside.

I looked back at Jake, "Is he-Are there others? How many Cullens are here and how long are they staying?"

I scoffed a bit and I went over to grab the cups Bella and I used for our hot cocoa, walking to the kitchen, passing Jacob on the way. My face was a bit annoyed.