Seokjin - Attention Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," you say politely. She scurries back to her post.

"Can I meet your boss?" Jin questions cutely.

"Absolutely not!" You yell as you stomp back to Mr. Park's office. You ignore Jin's footsteps and complaints about the cold.

When you reach the office, you stand outside for a few seconds.

"Please, just stay here," you beg.

Jin smiles. "Of course."

You take a deep breath and open the door. Mr. Park is staring out of the window once again. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

"Did you handle the situation?" He inquires, not bothering to look at you.

"Yes, sir." Well it was sort of taken care of.

"Why did it take so long?? I was calling for you."

"It was a little, um, difficult, but there's no need to worry about it anymore. Now, what is it that you wanted, sir?

"You mean besides a better secretary?" He finally turns to face you. "I have paperwork that should have been started twenty minutes ago."

"I'll get right to it," you mumble disheartenedly.

As you move to pick up the pile of papers on his desk, he grabs your wrist. You wince at his tight grip.

"If you would like to keep your job here, I suggest you keep your personal matters at home!"

"Y-yes, sir," you stutter.

"Get your hands off of her," Jin growls.

Mr. Park hurriedly releases your wrist. He stumbles backward with his mouth slightly open. Jin rushes to your side and examines the finger marks on your skin.

"Is this what you have to deal with?" Jin asks angrily.

"It's not that bad." You chuckle nervously.

"He has no right to treat you that way." Jin turns toward Mr. Park. "Who do you think you are? I don't care if you run this business. I'll have it shut down before you can pull out your measuring tape. You have this amazing girl working for you. You better start showing her some respect."

For a couple of moments, Mr. Park stands staring at Jin. You look between the two men trying to decide which is more amusing: angry Jin or scared Mr. Park. Suddenly, Mr. Park steps around his desk and walks up to Jin. He throws his arms around Jin happily.

"What the—" Jin starts before being interrupted by Mr. Park.

"Kim Seokjin. I can't believe it," Mr. Park gushses. He pulls away from Jin, but holds him at arm's length. "You're so handsome. The camera's don't do your beauty justice. Wow." Jin grins at the appraisal.

"Um, sir. That's my boyfriend you're fawning over," you point out, suppressing the urge to giggle.

Mr. Park finally lets go of Jin. "Sorry, I just— I'm speechless. Why didn't you tell me?"

Jin's smile disappears. "Knowing that I'm her boyfriend shouldn't change how you treat her. You should be grateful that people even work for you."

"You're right," Mr. Park agrees, nodding his head furiously. "I'll do better. I promise. Actually, Nayona, I'll take care of the paperwork. Why don't you take the rest of the day off? I know you've been working ridiculous hours."

"Are you sure, sir?" You're a little hesitant.

"Positive," he states firmly. "And, please, call me Mr. Park."

You stare at Mr. Park for a moment before responding. "Thank you, s— Mr. Park."

Jin grabs your hand and leads you to the door.

"Mr. Kim," Mr. Park calls. Jin turns and raises an eyebrow. "Can I take a picture with you? You know, for my wife."

You bring your hand to your mouth to stop yourself from laughing. His wife? Yeah, right.

"Sure," Jin says excitedly.

Mr. Park whips out his cellphone and motions for Jin to come over. Jin complies. As Jin puts his arm around Mr. Park, you swear you can see him dying on the inside.

"Have a nice day, you two." Mr. Park waves cheerfully, staring at his phone.

Once you get outside of the office, you burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Jin queries with a smile. "I just lessened your work and got you the rest of the day off."

"I bet you enjoyed that," you tease while fixing his disheveled coat. "Did it remind you of your school days?"

"It did," he admits, letting you put his hat and glasses on him. "Maybe you should take notes. Get yourself a face like mine and you can have whatever you want."

You push him lightly and walk ahead. He recovers and matches your pace.

"Wait, I forgot my purse," you announce.

Jin waits by the front door. You rush back to your desk relieved to find your purse still there. Out of curiosity, you check your phone. Unsurprisingly, you find an insane amount of messages and missed calls from Jin. You look over your desk at the attention seeking idiot you call your boyfriend and smile. He motions for you to hurry up with his hand. You adjust your purse over your shoulder before sprinting to the front door.