~Chapter 61~ Nursery

Danny's pov:

Rose is now 8 months pregnant and we're gonna set up the nursery today. I'm getting more and more excited each day about our little boy. And I think that Rose is happy when the bump is gone cause she finds it very annoying by now... I'm just very happy that I've been part of the whole pregnancy, I personally loved it when she was in the 'I-can't-get-enough-sex' stadium... 

I put my shoes on and shouted upstairs so Rose if she was ready to go. Seconds later she came walking down the stairs, stepped in her shoes and put her coat on. Thank god I can drive now cause Rose doesn't fit anymore in between the steering wheel and the seat... We stepped in the car and drove of to get the last things for the nursery. We still needed paint and some furniture. When we arrived there I helped Rose out of the car and we went inside.

"I really like this color." She said pointing to a can with light blue paint.

"Well that's sorted then." I said smiling and lifted the can in our basket. A few hours later we had everything we needed and walked back to the car where I put everything in while Rose was already waiting inside cause she's not allowed to carry these heavy things. We drove back home where we saw Mark's car already outside our house cause he's gonna help me with the nursery. I think he let himself in with his key cause I didn't see him somewhere outside. First I helped Rose out of the car and helped her inside where we found Mark sitting on the couch with a cup of tea.

"Hey man." He said when he saw us coming in.

"Hi." I greeted him in a man hug. 

"Need some help to get everything out of the car?" He asked putting his mug down.

"Yeah, thanks." I said walking back outside to the car. We carried everything upstairs to the room that's gonna be the nursery, but we put everything down in the corridor cause we still needed to paint the room first. I changed into some old clothes and we started to paint the wall in between the window and the door in the light blue color that Rose had chosen.

"Everything okay here?" Rose asked after an hour of painting walking into the room with two drinks for us.

"Yeah, you like it?" I said nodding to the almost painted wall.

"I love it." She said smiling and stood up on her tiptoes to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah you better like it cause I'm not gonna paint it again!" Mark said ruining our little moment.

"You don't have to." Rose said patting him on the shoulder and went back downstairs again. Once we finished drinking we continued to paint the last bit of the wall and when that was done we went downstairs to let it dry before we put the furniture in it.

"Done?" Rose asked when she saw us coming into the living room again.

"Yup." I replied sitting down on the couch.

"I made some cake, I thought that you two deserved that after all the hard work." She said smiling while bringing the cake to the living room.

A few hours later we had put all the furniture together and put it in the nursery. We cleaned away all the things that were lying on the floor and I stepped back to admire our work from today. The wall was light blue, a white cot and white closet. Well actually all the furniture wall white and the decorations blue...

"We did a great job, if I say to myself." Mark said standing next to me.

"Yeah, thanks for helping me." I replied.

"No problem mate." He said patting my back. We went downstairs again where we waved Mark goodbye.

"Can I see it?" Rose asked happily when we closed the front door after Mark.

"Yeah, of course, come." I said taking her hand and walked upstairs. When we came close to the nursery I covered her eyes with my hands.

"You're serious?" She asked laughing when I covered her eyes.

"Yup." I replied smiling and guided her to the nursery. Once we stood in the door opening I removed my hands from her eyes and let her look around.

"It's gorgeous." She said while looking around in awe.

"Not as gorgeous as you are." I said winking.

"Cheesy as always." She said laughing and slapped my chest playfully.

"Oi! I've been working here very hard and you're slapping me now?" I asked pretending to be hurt.

"Oh come on big baby." She said rolling her eyes at me still laughing. I pouted in reply so she stepped closer again and kissed me softly on my lips.

"Better now?" She asked when she pulled away.

"A little bit." I replied pressing my lips against her again.

"Let's order a takeaway." She said when we pulled away again.

"Sounds great. What do you want?" I asked turning around to call it.

"You." She said smirking while slapping my ass as I turned around.

"Whatever you want." I replied taking my shirt of and crashed my lips on her once again.

"You know that we can't and that I wasn't serious." She mumbled in between kisses.

"Yeah, but let's just enjoy this moment." I replied with my hands on her butt. After our make-out session I went downstairs to order. I bend down to pick up my shirt away but Rose stopped me from putting it on again.

"I wouldn't mind if you'd walk around like this tonight." She said winking.

"But I do." I said teasing her and put my shirt back on.

"No you don't." She whispered and slowly came closer to me. When she was standing in front of me she quickly took my shirt of me again and walked away with it.

"Better now?" I asked when I found her downstairs again while I was walking around still shirtless.

"Much." She said smiling. I rolled my eyes smiling at her and went to order something.

When we finished eating we sat down on the couch, Rose sitting in between my legs while I had my hands on her bump. Suddenly I felt small kicks against my hand. I looked down smiling at Rose who obviously felt it as well and looked up at me. I stood up while I pushed Rose on her back on the couch and lifted up her shirt.

"Hello Liam." I said to the bump.

"Are you kicking your mummy?" I said pressing butterfly kisses against her stomach.

"You're cute." I heard Rose say who was looking down at me.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"You just are. And I'm sure you'll be an amazing daddy." She said smiling.

"And you'll be an even better mummy." I replied giving her a light kiss against her lips.