~Chapter 46~ I can't live without her

Danny's pov:

I don't know what happened the second I heard that cause everything was a blur. But I saw the doctor running in followed by two others pushing me to the side to get to Rose. I was taking to the corner of the room by Glen while I saw them doing CPR on my girlfriend. I could hear someone screaming in the distant but then I realized that they were my own screams. Tears were running down my cheeks while Glen was desperately trying to calm me down. Suddenly I saw Mark here as well trying to calm Laura down who seemed in shock. She didn't show any emotion she was just staring at Rose while being as pale as a ghost.

I snapped back into reality when I noticed that she got wheeled out of the room with the doctors running along with her. I ran after her still crying I don't know why I'm running with her cause I know that I can't do anything and that I have to leave the doctors to do their work but I kept running. Suddenly I was stopped by the same nurse from a few minutes ago before I could go into the lift with them.

"NOOOO!" I heard myself scream when she pulled me back.

"Please Danny let them help her." She said softly trying to calm me down. I couldn't say a thing before the doors were closed and I stood there staring at the doors were my girlfriend just had disappeared. I bursted out crying again and the nurse hugged me to comfort me. Maybe it's weird that I'm standing in a hospital hugging with a random nurse, but right now I didn't care. I needed someone and she's actually really nice. She didn't say anything but just let me cry on her shoulder while rubbing my back. After a few minutes I hadn't any tears left to cry so I calmed down a little bit and let go of her. My eyes all red and puffy from all the crying.

"I can't live without her." I whispered looking at the lift doors again.

"Just keep believing in her for a few minutes longer. This happens more and quite a lot times they manage to restart her heart. The doctors were fast so I give her a good chance." She said handing me a tissue. I wiped my eyes with it and slowly walked back to the waiting room with the nurse.

"Can I ask something crazy?" I asked suddenly very curious about her name.

"Yeah I think so?" She replied confused.

"What's your name?" I asked not looking at her.

"Norah." She replied.

"Okay. Sorry I just wanted to know." I said looking at her this time.

"It's okay." She said smiling.

I walked into the waiting room where I saw Mark, Glen and Laura already sitting on those uncomfortable chairs. I sat down next to Mark without saying anything and just stared into space again. Hours ticked by without anyone saying anything. After three hours what felt like three years the doctor came walking in again.

"Is she okay?" I asked scared for his answer.

"Yes. She's out of life danger and I'm glad to say that she hasn't got any brain damage. I don't exactly know what happened but everything is fine now. She only got a few crushed ribs. She's very lucky. Also, she's awake now but just really tired." He replied giving me a light smile. I didn't even know that I was holding my breath until I let it out. Thank god she's okay!!

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yeah, but just one at the time. We don't want it to get to busy for her." He replied waiting for us to decide who was going first.

"You can go first." Laura said smiling at me.

"You sure?" I asked making sure she was okay with it.

"Yeah. Just take your time." She said giving me a reassuring smile.

"Thanks a million." I said following the doctor out of the waiting room to Rose. She was in a different room now cause we walked into the opposite direction. After a minute he stopped in front of a door and let me in. I walked into the room and saw Rose lying on a bed with her eyes closed. I knew that she wasn't asleep cause she wasn't breathing the way she does when she's asleep. I silently closed the door behind me and walked up to her. I took a chair and sat down on it and took her hand in mine. I saw her eyes open when I grabbed her hand.

"Hey baby." I said smiling giving a light kiss on her forehead, scared to hurt her. She just gave me a small smile in reply.

"I'm so glad that you're okay." I said feeling tears from happiness roll down my cheeks.

"Don't cry babe." She whispered slowly raising her hand and wiping the tears of my cheeks.

"Don't ever do this again. Promise?" I said kissing her hand after she'd wiped my tears.

"Promise." She replied sounding more awake now.

"How're you feeling?" I asked keeping her hand in mine while stroking her hair with my other.

"Okay I guess. Little bit weird but okay." She replied stroking my knuckles with her hand.

"You're not in pain?" I asked a little bit worried.

"No, not really just a little bit headache and sore ribs." She said.

"Yeah, I'm afraid we won't have sex for a few weeks..." I said laughing giving her hand a light squeeze.

"Danny!" She said rolling her eyes but laughing as well.

"I was so worried." I said turning serious again.

"I'm sorry..." She replied looking away from me.

"Hey baby girl, it's not your fault." I said turning her head back to me and giving a light kiss on her lips.

"I love you." She said smiling.

"I love you too." I replied. I saw that she was struggling to keep her eyes open so I said,

"Just go to sleep baby."

"Only if you come to lie next to me." She said shuffling in the bed to make space.

"You sure?" I asked concerned.

"Yup." She replied. I lay down next to her while she snuggled up to my chest.

"You know that I'll be in trouble when they find us." I said smiling.

"I know. But that makes it more exciting, doesn't it?" She replied while I felt her smiling into my chest.

"Whatever." I said laughing.

"I really really love you Dan, but I just have to say that you're smelly." She said laughing while she cuddled closer to me.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically.

"I didn't say that I minded you know." She replied.

"No, but you meant it." I said smiling.

"Fair point." She said.

"Just go to sleep now baby." I said carefully wrapping my arms around her. Within a few minutes she was fast asleep and soon enough I fell asleep as well.