~Chapter 32~ How bad is it?

Danny's pov:

It's been already a moth since we've been to Venice and Rose and I are still doing great! I'm in the studio at the moment and Rose is at work as well. We haven't really done some work today in the studio but we decide to call it a day so we're getting our stuff together and go home.

"All right, I'm gone lads, say to Rose and Laura I said hi." Mark said putting his coat on.

"I will." I said grabbing my coat as well.

"Okay." Glen said putting his now empty mug away. We all said our goodbyes and left the studio. I decided to go the supermarket first before I went home so that I could get us some groceries and cook for us tonight. Not that I'm a really good cook, but pasta isn't to hard is it? I bought pasta, some wine and ice cream for dessert and went home. When I walked inside I was greeted by a excited Skyler who jumped against my leg. I walked through to the kitchen and put the groceries on the counter, with Skyler still jumping against my leg dying for attention. So when everything stood on the counter I kneeled down next to her and stroked her. Then I stood up and took her lead and decided to have a walk with her as I still had enough time until Rose would come home. I put my coat back on and Skyler was already standing by the door waiting for me to have a walk with her.

"Ready muppet?" I asked her when I put her lead on and opened the door. Not that I expected an answer or something but she walked out so I followed her. I had a walk with her through the park and when we came back home I started on our dinner while Skyler was lying on the couch. Just when I was finished I heard the door open and close and heard Rose shouting,

"I'm homeee!" 

So I walked to the hall and pecked her lips and said,

"Perfect timing, just finished dinner."

"Great! I'm starving." She said walking to the kitchen. I put our food on our plates and sat down opposite of her.

"How was work?" I asked her in between eating pasta.

"Just the normal. Your?" She replied after sipping her wine.

"It was okay, not that we did much but it was nice."

"Great." She said smiling.

After we finished dinner I went to load the dishwasher and Rose went for a shower cause we decided to eat the ice later on the couch. Just when I was putting the last things in the dishwasher I heard the doorbell so I went to answer it. When I opened the door I saw Iris standing there.

"Hi Iris, how are you?" I said smiling at her.

"Hey Danny, is Rose there? I have to tell you guys something..." She said looking a bit nervous.

"Yeah she's just having a shower but she'll be here any minute." I said opening the door a bit more and stepping aside that she could come in.

"Want a cup of tea?" I asked when we walked into the living room.

"Yeah sounds good." She said sitting down on the couch next to Skyler who lied down on her lap. I walked to the kitchen and made three tea's. When I walked back into the living room Rose came walking in as well.

"Hey mum." She said surprised and embraced her mum in a hug.

"I-I have to tell you guys something..." Iris said looking down at her hands. Rose looked questioning at me and I shrugged my shoulder letting her know that I didn't know what was going on either.

"I had a bit of pain the last few weeks and about two weeks ago I discovered a small bump so I went to see the doctors and they did some tests and stuff like that and well, I-I I have breast cancer...." She said carefully looking up from her hands. Rose and I stared at her in shock, we both didn't know what to say.

"How bad is it?" Rose asked after a few moments of silence.

"Not really good, I have a low chance of surviving." Iris whispered. A tear escaped Rose her eye and that one got followed by a lot of others.

"I can't lose you mum." She said hugging her mum in between sobs.

"You're not gonna lose me. I'm gonna fight 'til the dead." Iris said rubbing Rose her back. But we could all hear the doubt in her voice.

"I love you mum." Rose said letting go of her mum.

"I love you too sweetheart. Well I'm gonna go now and leave you two." She said standing up. I stood up with her and walked her to the front door.

"Please look after her." She said nodding her head towards the living room where Rose was sitting.

"Yes I will. I promise. And you can always come here if there's something you know that right?" I said giving her her coat.

"Thank you. You're a good guy for Rose and I love you like you're my own son. Even tough I don't know you really well, I see the love in your eyes for my daughter and the other way around." She said smiling at me while putting her coat on.

"Thanks I really appreciate that." I said smiling.

"Well see you next time." She said squeezing me in one of those 'big momma hugs'.

"Yeah, see you next time." I said opening the door for her. When she was gone I closed the door and walked back to the living room where I found Rose still sitting on the couch staring into space.

"It's gonna be okay." I said embracing her in a hug.

"How do you know that? She has a very low chance of surviving!" She said and started sobbing again.

"When my mum had a brain aneurysm they thought that she wouldn't even make it through the night, and look, she's still here. You're mum is a fighter she's gonna make it as well." I said and kissed the top of her head.

"I hope so." She said wiping the tears away.

"Now let's watch some tv to get your mind of these things." I said turning the tv on.

"Wait!" She said jumping up.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"We still have ice cream!" She said smiling and walked to the kitchen and came back with the ice and two spoons. 

"I had forgotten about the ice." I admitted and took one spoon from her.

"But I didn't." She said laughing and sat down next to me and snuggled into me.