~Chapter 44~ If you ever come back

Glen's pov:

It's killing me to see Danny like this. It's been an hour since the doctor came to tell what's going on and he's done nothing but crying and saying that he can't lose her. Laura, Anne and I are trying everything to let him calm down but nothing helps. I decided to call Mark, they know each other since they're kids he must know a way to calm him down. I walked out of the waiting room after I whispered to Laura that I'm gonna call Mark. After a few seconds he picked up the phone,

"Hey man!" He said.

"Hi, can you please come to the hospital?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"What's going on?" He asked concerned.

"It's Rose, she had a car accident and is in hospital now. It looks kinda bad and Dan has done nothing but crying so I thought maybe you could calm him down." I said quickly explaining everything.

"I'm on my way." He replied before hanging up.

I put my phone back in my pocket and decided to get tea for everyone. I walked to the canteen of the hospital and got a tea for all of us. When I got the tea I walked back to the waiting room where only Laura and Anne were sitting now.

"Where's Dan?" I asked handing them their tea's.

"He said he'd go to the toilet but he's gone for already a few minutes now." Anne replied wrapping her hands around the cup.

"I'm gonna find him." I said standing up again.

"No, let me do it. So you can be with Laura." Anne said standing up as well and nodded towards Laura who was sitting with her face in her hands silently crying. I nodded in agreement and went to sit next to her.

Danny's pov:

I said that I needed to go to the toilet but I just needed some space, so I walked out of the hospital and sat down on a bench in the park opposite the hospital. I can't think about anything else but Rose, I just can't lose her. She's my world. It took me 35 fucking years to find someone I really love and now after a few minutes she's already taken away... I know that she's not gone yet but the doctor said that it was bad himself. I just want to be with her now, hold her hand, kiss away the pain and tell her that everything will be okay. But the truth is, I don't know if everything will be okay, I mean I needed Glen to tell me that she's gonna be fine and that she's a fighter but I don't know if I believe him. Yes, I believe that she's a fighter but still... I felt the tears coming up again but before they could fall I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Anne smiling a small smile at me and sat down next to me.

"Needed some space?" She asked smiling like she understood why I walked out of the hospital.

"Yeah..." I sighed taking my head out of my hands.

"I understand that."  She said putting her hand on my shoulder again.

"What if I lose her?" I whispered looking into space.

"You won't lose her." She softly replied.

"How do you know? You heard the doctor." I said still not convinced.

"Cause she loves you way too much to leave you. And yes they said that it looks bad, but they don't know the Rose that we know. If she wants something she's gonna fight until she gets it, and she wants you... And, she won't leave you cause she knows that you'd be hurt then and she won't hurt you." She replied. Somehow that was something that I needed to hear cause I felt hope again.

"Thanks." I said wiping the tears from my face. She just smiled at me before she said,

"Come let's go back inside."