~Chapter 43~ I can't lose her

Rose's pov:

Anne and I just finished our work and are now cleaning everything up and putting everything away before we go home.

"Look at that!" She said pointing outside to the heavy rain that war pouring down.

"Yeah, it's already the whole day like this and it looks like it's only getting worse." I said sighing in frustration about the weather.

"You need a lift home?" She asked vacuuming. 

"No, I took the car this morning because of the wether." I replied putting the last things away.

"Smart." She replied not looking up from her work.

When finally everything was finished we said our goodbyes and locked up. I quickly ran to my car trying not to get too wet. I jumped in my car and started my drive home. It was raining cats and dogs and already a little bit dark, not the best circumstances to drive, but I've got to get home and I don't want to walk right now. I turned on the radio to block the sound from the rain a little bit and hummed along to the songs that came on. 

I came near a traffic light which was red so I braked but from my rearview mirror I saw a car from behind with full speed coming towards me. And because of the weather he couldn't be on time to brake. Suddenly I heard a loud 'bang' and felt my head hit the steering wheel before everything went blank...

Danny's pov:

I'm sat waiting for Rose to come home with the table already set and dinner cooked. She's a little bit later than normal but that isn't really weird if you'd see the weather here. I waited for another twenty minutes but she's still not home. She said she'd be home around six, but it's already half past six and she's still not here. I decided to call her, but it went to voicemail. I'm starting to get worried now cause she's never late and if she'd come late she'd call me or send me a message. I called her a second time but again I got her voicemail. I decided to wait for another 15 minutes and if she's still not home I'm going to call Anne.

I sat on the couch and stroked Skyler who came lying on my lap. I just talked to her even though she doesn't understand me, I hoped that it would work to take my mind of my worry about Rose, but it didn't work. Another 15 minutes past and she still wasn't home so I decided to call Anne. I picked up my phone and dialed her number. It rang a few times before she picked up,

"Hello?" She asked confused. I think I only got her number and not the other way around.

"Hi, it's Danny." I said trying to calm myself down.

"Oh hey, Danny." She said surprised.

"Uhm, I called to ask you are you already at home?" I asked trying not to sound too worried.

"Yeah, why?" She asked confused again.

"Cause Rose still isn't home. Did you leave together?" 

"Yeah we left at the same time around half past five..." She replied sounding concerned.

"You think something's happened?" I asked.

"I don't know..." She replied after a minute of silence.

"I'm worried." I admitted.

"Yeah me too. How about I come to yours now and we're gonna try to find her?" She asked.

"Yeah all right. See you in a few minutes." I replied before I hang up. 

 I walked to the kitchen and stared out of the window praying that she's okay. I walked back to the couch and sat down watching the seconds tick by... Suddenly I heard the doorbell and for a moment I hoped that it was Rose but then I realized that she'd just use her key... I walked to the door and saw Anne standing there. I opened the door for her to come in that she wouldn't get any wetter.

"You ready?" She asked walking in.

"Yeah give me a second." I said putting my shoes and coat on. When I was ready we walked outside and I locked the door behind me before I stepped in the car.

"How are we gonna find her?" I asked while fastening my seatbelt.

"I thought maybe we should drive the way she has to drive to work." She replied.

"Yeah I think that's the best." I said looking out of the window.

Slowly we drove towards her work looking out of the window hoping to find any sign of Rose, but we still hadn't any. After a few minutes we came near a traffic light which was deposited with police and paramedics all around. Suddenly when we came closer I heard Anne gasp and she grabbed my arm.

"What's up?" I asked worried.

"T-there... That's Rose's car." She said pointing in the direction where one car was bumped into the other. Well I say car but the car where Anne was pointing at wasn't a car anymore... I jumped out and ran to on of the paramedics with Anne following behind.

"Sorry sir, but I have to ask you to leave." The man said when he saw me coming.

"No! My girlfriend is here!" I shouted.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know that." The man replied, his expression softening.

"Do you know anything about her?" I asked fighting back the tears.

"There were two women and one men involved, which one was your girlfriend?" The man asked.

"The one from the black car." I said pointing towards the hill of trash that was once Rose's car.

"She's already brought to the hospital, I'm sorry but that's the only thing I know." The man said looking into the direction I was pointing.

"Okay thank you." I said running back to the car.

We started our drive to the hospital in silence. When we finally arrived there we walked inside and Anne asked where Rose was as I was unable to speak. She came back and said something about a waiting room and grabbed my hand and guided me to the waiting room. I sat down at one of those uncomfortable hospital chairs and put my head in my hands. I don't know how long I was already sitting there cause everything was a blur but suddenly I heard my phone ringing and saw that Glen was calling.

"H-hi." I said trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Hey Dan where are you? I'm at your house but you're not here." He asked. Oh yeah, I forgot that he'd come over tonight.

"I'm at the hospital." I replied doing everything to keep it together.

"What's going on?" He asked suddenly sounding worried.

"Rose..." Was the only thing I could whisper before I broke down into tears.

"I'm on my way." He said before he hang up. 

I put my head back in my hands and let the tears fall. I felt Anne trying to comfort me while she was crying herself. Minutes later I felt another hand at my back and I looked up to see a very worried looking Glen.

"What's happened?" He whispered.

"Rose was involved in a car accident." Anne answered looking down. I broke down again and cried on Glen's shoulder while Anne was calling Laura. 

I don't know how long we sat here but after hours a doctor came walking into the waiting room.

"Do you know how Rose is?" I asked standing up.

"Yes, she's been brought here in a critical condition but we had to get her in surgery to stop the internal bleedings and she's still in surgery. And I'm really sorry to say this but it looks very bad..." He said commiserative. He walked back out of the room and I sat back in my chair.

"I can't lose her." I whispered letting the tears fall down.

A/T

Sorry this chapter is maybe a little bit rushed but it was different first and when I wanted to publish it everything was deleted so I had to write it again...